preparation for nanotech in graduate degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaZE

Registered Member
If i wanna do nanotech in graduate degree, is it better for me to take EE or chemical engineering in undergraduate degree? Or is there something else i should do in undergraduate degree?

Mechanical engineering could also be useful, as could straight biochemistry (or biophysics, if that's still available). If you can understand the workings of Charles Babbage's analytical engine, AND have detailed ideas on how to customise enzymes for the assembly of molecular gears and levers, you might one day patent the long-sought nanomechanical computer...

What college are you looking at? I havn't a clue what path you should take, but all power to ya!

I'm also on this path of insecurity, trying to get into aerospace/aeronautical engineering to make next-gen space vehicles. Feels risky as hell...

weed_eater_guy said:
What college are you looking at? I havn't a clue what path you should take, but all power to ya!

I'm also on this path of insecurity, trying to get into aerospace/aeronautical engineering to make next-gen space vehicles. Feels risky as hell...

Well, im considering any college in North America, but i dunno which one is famous for its nanotech program...

Why don't you learn something about electronics now and think about the degree later. The electrons don't care about your degrees.

TEACH YOURSELF ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS by Stan Gibilisco

THE ART OF ELECTRONICS by Horowitz & Hill

500 pages of Gibilisco's book should get you ready for the H&H book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back