Pray or Stay

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
How is this not kidnapping? I mean, he's holding them against their will, right?

Driver Forces Passengers To Pray On MARTA Bus

ATLANTA -- A MARTA bus driver is on suspension following allegations that he forced passengers to pray before allowing them to exit the bus.

Christopher James was one of those passengers. James said, initially, he thought something was wrong when he rang the bell to get off the bus and the door didn’t open.

James said the bus driver asked him and three other passengers to join hands in prayer. James said the driver prayed with the group for about four minutes.

“He got up out of the driver’s seat,” said James.

James, who isn’t against prayer, said he felt compelled to join in although the request confused him.

James’ cousin, who arrived at the bus stop to meet him, said she saw the men standing inside the bus, but didn’t realize they were praying.

“I was like, ‘Why were y’all praying on the bus? He said the man would not let them off the bus,’” said Thembi Cresser.

A MARTA representative told Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones that the transit agency suspended the bus driver, identified as Leroy Matthews, for five days and told him not to proselytize to passengers. Matthews has been with MARTA for six years.

James said Matthews returned to his normal duties after the prayer.

“I don't want to pray to get off MARTA, you know,” said James.

The funny thing is, in some of these really shitty inner city ghettos - it could be a good thing?

that driver should be fired...at least. and bitch-slapped. i can't believe he was only suspended.

He he. This brings up a funny memory ... I know of a certain bus driver ...

The funny thing is, in some of these really shitty inner city ghettos - it could be a good thing?

I wonder if it was a Jewish prayer or a Muslim prayer....I'm gonna guess it was a Christian prayer, since they went along with it.

What I wonder is if some priest/pastor told him to do this.

Peace be unto you ;)

i agree with you orleander, its false imprisionment and possably assult (depending how he stoped them leaving)

Why doesn't Leroy Matthews, alias Ralph Kramden, get carted off to the looney bin instead of suspended? Are we saying he's normal?

Back