Postcards from Iran: Tehran party

Michael

歌舞伎
Valued Senior Member
As some of you may know I have a couple close friends that are Iranian, so I always find news about Iran interesting. Anyway, I thought this was an fascinating piece by the BBC about a party in the capitol Tehran. With the polls expected to have some of the lowest turnouts in a decade it'll be interesting to see how the urban youth population reacts in the long run. What I like about this article was how much it reminded me of young kids really anywhere in the West. Kids are kids and they naturally gravitate towards having a good time with their friends. Some may gravitate toward religious orthodoxy - as we have all known a few people like that when we were young. But they’re really the fringe of society. And I think this is an excellent example of why religious governments never really work well in the long run. There are really only so many people who want that sort of life style.

Anyway, the comment about Eminem’s lyrics kind of struck a cord with me. These kids really feel as if their dreams are being crushed by the establishment. I wonder how long Iran will last before the youth finally get rid of their religious government and replace it with a secular one?

Go Iran!

Postcards from Iran: Tehran party

Another interesting comment of the sign of the times:

"In the Shah's time, people are fond of saying, the people at the top would eat their bread, and we used to get the crumbs. But nowadays people complain that some mullahs lick their plates so clean that there's not a single thing left over for the rest of us."

Let's give the world to the children, they seem to know what to do with it better than the rest of us.

~Raithere

Back