Possibility of an Alien Threat Invasion

Agent51

Registered Member
The idea that a hostile alien race is going to arrive here and try to wipe the human race off the face of the earth, may seem like something out of a science fiction film, but it is actually a possibility. Many famous scientists and astronomers have actually expressed concern regarding the idea that an alien race may want to acquire the earth for one reason or another.

On the other hand, an intelligent alien race would more likely look at the earth as being an incredible oppertunity to view a civilization of intelligent beings evolve and advance. They would be more likely to make field trips here to do research, rather than attack us with everything they've got.
Perhaps inhabitable worlds in the universe are few and far between - and some alien races would stop at nothing from stealing one at all costs.

Still, I think that when we do make official contact with an intelligent alien race, it will be a diplomatic meeting, and not a hostile one.

<i>Many famous scientists and astronomers have actually expressed concern regarding the idea that an alien race may want to acquire the earth for one reason or another.</i>

Really? Which famous scientists and astronomers?

if a truly advance, starfaring species where to come to our solar system I doubt that Earth would be the great prize. The asteroid belt, rich in ores, could quite possibly be the greatest treasure.
Yep, come with your mothership, leave behind and army of nanotech assemblers and replicators with a few people to oversee the project and build your own world, or a planet sized starship.

I have said this before somewhere but I cannot be bothered to find it....

The laws of physics makes it impossible for any species to travel faster than the speed of light, therefore there is no way that an alien would come to see us for a diplomatic meating... The only reason they will come is because their star is going nova.
And i am sure that if they traveled for hundreds and thousands of years they wouldn't mind travelling another couple thousand to go somewhere else when they discover life here.

And i am sure that if they traveled for hundreds and thousands of years they wouldn't mind travelling another couple thousand to go somewhere else when they discover life here.

You mean, that is what the whiteman did when they discovered America and found life is already here?

The laws of physics makes it impossible for any species to travel faster than the speed of light, therefore there is no way that an alien would come to see us for a diplomatic meating...

Does that mean, we discovered everything in physics by now? Too bad, when we were just getting started. That is it folks. It is time to close down all the Physics departments....

And if an alien shows up 10 years from now, will we offer Turkey or tell him to go home.... :D

Originally posted by Agent51
Many famous scientists and astronomers have actually expressed concern regarding the idea that an alien race may want to acquire the earth for one reason or another.
Originally posted by James R
Really? Which famous scientists and astronomers?
You know... the ones from the universities and the observatories!

Peace.

Hahah good one, goofyfish.

It's really annoying because everytime someone reminds me that earth could be invaded by hostile I crawl under my bed and listen to the beatles for hours on end until I either cough uncontrollably or vomit from the utter, building fear. Then I go outside and get a soda. It's all in a day, for ole Pollux.

These aliens are here folks and they are in my backyard. They are devouring my rose plants. I did everything but no luck. Soon, they will take over the planet and not a single rose plant will remain on this planet. Then love will be meaningless without roses.

MANKIND IS DOOMED....

Originally posted by kmguru

You mean, that is what the whiteman did when they discovered America and found life is already here?

Sorry I should have expanded further....The only way a species will develop technology/resources big enough to undertake such a move will be if they are NOT hostile. The 'whitemen' who discovered America were greedy AND hostile.

Does that mean, we discovered everything in physics by now? Too bad, when we were just getting started. That is it folks. It is time to close down all the Physics departments....

Thats a negative. We may have discovered it, but that does not mean that we know HOW to do it.

And if an alien shows up 10 years from now, will we offer Turkey or tell him to go home....

What if they are vegetarians??:D

What if they are vegetarians??

How about bananas? We seem to have plenty of them! And after such a long voyage, the female aliens would love them...sorry I can not offer roses, my plants are getting eaten up by aliens of a different kind.... :D

The only way a species will develop technology/resources big enough to undertake such a move will be if they are NOT hostile.

At what point , you think, WE will cease to be greedy & hostile?

Which one?

218e.jpg
218c.jpg

cast_ryder.jpg
cast_doig.jpg

I call the one on the bottom left!! Send her around a.s.a.p.

At what point ,do you think, WE will cease to be greedy & hostile?

Perhaps not until we discover our star will soon go Nova...

Bottom right is my favorite. Super smart, super strong and sweeter than honey. What more a guy can ask?

Cant argue with that. I dated once... a natural blond. She was true to her nameshake - nothing between her ears but a lot elsewhere. That is why, I always hire them as my secretaries. Good for business with people like SJM... :D

Back