Population cultivation

Well when animals and plants die their decay processes will be seriously hindered, which in turn would mean the minerals in the soil wouldn't be replenished, killing off most of the plants and then killing everything else since plants are the start of the food chain. Insects play a pretty vital role in most (possibly all?) ecosystems. We'd all die without them. Especially without ants I think.

What about bacteria? Couldnt they handle the decay process alone?

That said, i realize we cannot get rid of ALL bugs so whaich do you suggest we keep?

You think we should keep ants?

I can agree with that but then we can eliminate fire ants. This is how i will bring balance back to the earth and i want to show earhtlings that they need to be more advanced and proactive.

I don't think bacteria can do it on their own. I'm no biologist so I don't know which insects are the most essential, but I'm sure even the biologists would have a hard time understanding the potential effects of removing species here and there.

You said 99% of all insects, that's pretty extreme and would definitely kill us all. I don't know what less extreme actions might do.

Fire ants are probably pretty important to their native ecosystems, I think the main problem with them is that they have spread to all kinds of places thanks to being accidentally transported by humans and now have rather negative impacts on the environments they have spread to. I'm sure you could remove them from the places they have been introduced to without negative consequences, although doing such a thing is probably impossible.

Back