Pope, Europe, abortion issue

New Pope is a Catholic Shock!

:rolleyes:

In fact, Lawdog, he did not specifically "uphold teaching", he expressed an opinion which is a perfectly valid one to hold.
On abortion, he asked why societies oppose infanticide "while becoming virtually insensitive to abortion."

"Maybe because in abortion you don't see the face of who will be condemned and never see the light," he wrote.

By allowing parents to exercise their freedoms, he wrote, "you become blind to the right of life of another, the youngest and weakest who doesn't have a voice."
This is not an answer to the Pro-Choice argument, it simply asserts the Right to Life which we all should work to honour.

The European Consitution as it stands it totally dead anyway, so we'll have to see what happens. But I assume that any new version will similarly avoid mention of religion, as is only right and proper. We do have secular government in the Western Democracies, and it has to remain that way.

Sounds like upholding teaching to me! HELLO?????

I think the western democracies will destroy themselves, as they are doing, not only because of their rigid relativist mind control techniques which squashes genuine freedom and creativity, but because human history has shown that democracy eventually deteriorates.
We will hopefully have Monarchies again someday, the form of government Christ the King prefers.

Back