• Only polygamy is moral.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only drugs are moral.

• Only prostitution is moral.

• None are moral.

• Polygamy and prostitution are moral. Not drugs.

• Prostitution and drugs are moral. Not polygamy.

• Drugs and polygamy are moral. Not prostitution.

• Total voters

Oniw17

ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum?
Valued Senior Member
Are polygamy, drugs, and prostitution morally correct?

Last edited:
Any activity by or between consenting adults must be permitted. Arguments that you're destroying the "moral fiber" of society by merely allowing them to take place are impossible to substantiate.

People of course have the right to gather in communities and make their own rules, as long as those who don't agree with the rules are free to leave and go create their own communities somewhere else. And obviously the communities cannot be permitted to become so large that leaving is impractical.

This stupid issue of drug prohibition has been beaten to death in several other threads. Please read them before starting a new one.

Drugs can be used, abused, or abstained from.

Prostitutes can be hired, abused, or abstained from.

Polygamy can be partaken of, abused, or abstained from. Polygamy, however, seems more like a mental illness to me.

While drug abuse and the abuse of prostitutes is problematic, neither drugs nor prostitutes indicate mental illness for the simple fact of engagement. Engaging in polygamy, from the outset, however, seems downright crazy. Most American men, to judge by those I've known over time, can barely keep up with one wife, if they can keep up at all. Sure, they say they love their wives, but they don't always act it. Wanting a second, third, or even fifteenth wife seems, well, insane.

I don't really consider any of the above moral issues.

killing wife number 4 by drugging her before which you hire her out as a prostitute is morally wrong, but the rest are consentual/personal acts.

The word moral is so subjective. I chose not to pick one because of the over reaching trap word Moral.

Back