Policy on Crime

Do you like my policy?

• Total voters

Norsefire

Salam Shalom Salom
Registered Senior Member
I think I have come up with an ingenious way to respond to, and prevent, crime. Please read BEFORE you vote.

OK, firstly, crime prevention and protection:

1) Arm the police well for their endeveors in both body and mind, physically and mentally, and with the proper tools they need to succeed

2) Intelligence is necessary; past offenders should be tracked. Police should also have access to hi-tech intelligence equipment WHILE respecting individual rights.

3) The burden of proof. Nobody should be convicted without sufficient proof.

4) If an offender of any serious crime (explained below) is seen blatantly and without doubt committing his offense, his punishment should be on-the-spot;

5) Exclude crime in special circumstances; for instance, one who steals a car in order to rush his friend to a hospital for a heart attack

6) Increase public awareness and reward good citizens; punish those who work with criminals knowingly in the most severe way

7) The military should work side-by-side with the police force on dangerous missions

8) Be fair and hear the argument of the criminal

9) Should a criminal be known to be in a hideout, and it be known that he has no hostages, it should be available to the police force to use airstrikes to get rid of him

10) Extreme security must be applied to extreme crime areas; CCTV cameras should be acceptable in severe crime spots

Now, for dealing with crime

Policy on Theft:

-First offense, give back and pay double the item's worth
Second offense, same
Third offense, same with a week in jail
Fourth offense, same with a month in jail
Fifth offense, three time's the worth and a year in jail
6+ an added year for each offense after five

Policy on Murder in the cold blood

- Immediate execution after proven guilty

Policy on rape or other brutal sexual abuse against the victim's will

- Immediate execution after proven guilty

Policy on illegal drug use

-Rehabilitation. Depending on the drug, prison time.

Policy on illegal drug distribution

- Life in prison, no chance of parole

Policy on membership or support of an illegal crime organization (a gang)

- Immediate execution if proven guilty

Policy on counterfeiting and other economy/material-related crimes:

- Same as with theft, except the convict, if proven guilty, will be charged as much as he counterfeited and double with the increasing offenses

If there is anything I miss, please do tell

Policy on assault

- Depending on the motive, jail and rehabilitation, if afterwards repeated, jail time lengthened.

Policy on cruel torture

- Should the convict be found guilty, he shall be subject to his own methods for double the period of time he administered them

I think these are very fair, and if anything I missed feel free to discuss

So, do you agree?

Ah man can a mod please add the poll, choices are yes or no and some of it, also not hidden

thanks

Your focus is all after the fact, which is too late. Real crime prevention should focus on education, jobs, having a good environment in which to raise your children. Consider than imprisoning someone can cost $50,000 a year. Think about how much good even a fraction of that would do for a family, and I don't mean giving it directly to them, but investing in the community, providing good health care, transportation alternatives, childcare centers, and the like.

Your focus is all after the fact, which is too late. Real crime prevention should focus on education, jobs, having a good environment in which to raise your children. Consider than imprisoning someone can cost $50,000 a year. Think about how much good even a fraction of that would do for a family, and I don't mean giving it directly to them, but investing in the community, providing good health care, transportation alternatives, childcare centers, and the like.

That as well as a very strong police force

Community policing is the way to go, and for the smaller cities proving to be the most effective. Do not get me wrong, this type of policing will not see drastic results quickly, but give it a few generations, and it will ease tensions, especially after a few decades of the professional policing style.

Community policing is the way to go, and for the smaller cities proving to be the most effective. Do not get me wrong, this type of policing will not see drastic results quickly, but give it a few generations, and it will ease tensions, especially after a few decades of the professional policing style.

What exactly do you mean by community policing? Vigilantes?

Where the police are in the community and have an active role within it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_policing.

Before community policing we went through a phase called professional policing, which you still see in the bigger cities, it basically destroyed the ties that the police had with the community. Foot patrols were replaced with patrol cars, and that level of intimacy was lost. Now we are going back to community policing to try to regain the level of trust with the community.

Where the police are in the community and have an active role within it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_policing.

Before community policing we went through a phase called professional policing, which you still see in the bigger cities, it basically destroyed the ties that the police had with the community. Foot patrols were replaced with patrol cars, and that level of intimacy was lost. Now we are going back to community policing to try to regain the level of trust with the community.

So the police do not work for the government?

The idea does sound interesting. And if administered correctly, a good one.

The police still works for the government (privatizing the police is a whole different subject with both its pros and cons), but interact with the community to more effectively solve the problems. It is a good idea, that is slowly becoming the norm for cities, the only real drawback to it is like anything funding.

The idea is actually very well thought out. I think the prevention should be with community policing but I still think my after-policies are good(for punishment)

Policy on Theft:

-First offense, give back and pay double the item's worth
Second offense, same
Third offense, same with a week in jail
Fourth offense, same with a month in jail
Fifth offense, three time's the worth and a year in jail
6+ an added year for each offense after five

Thats not well thought out at all. What if they cannot pay and someone can commit a hundred thefts and when they get caught stealing a convenience store for $200.00 they pay $400.00 and are released? Thats not such a good plan.

Where is the interrogation to admit to past crimes? Get caught once hard labor unless the perpetrator is homeless and steals to eat then rehabilitation. But really you plan is seriously lacking.

Thats not well thought out at all. What if they cannot pay and someone can commit a hundred thefts and when they get caught stealing a convenience store for $200.00 they pay $400.00 and are released? Thats not such a good plan.

Where is the interrogation to admit to past crimes? Get caught once hard labor unless the perpetrator is homeless and steals to eat then rehabilitation. But really you plan is seriously lacking.

No they would pay for every theft they are proven guilty of. And if they cannot pay they'll pay it off with hard labor.

Back