Poetic Justice

madanthonywayne

Morning in America
Registered Senior Member
This story is funny. This guy (Piers Morgan) wrote an article about how President Bush was an idiot for falling off a Segway back in 2003:
The ex-newspaper editor, now a columnist for The Mail on Sunday's Live magazine, took great delight in making fun of President Bush for falling off a Segway - the two-wheeled, motorised, gyroscopically balanced scooter that, its makers promise, will never fall over.

His paper, the Daily Mirror, ran the headline in 2003: "You'd have to be an idiot to fall off, wouldn't you Mr President." It added: "If anyone can make a pig's ear of riding a sophisticated, self-balancing machine like this, Dubya can."
Well, 2007 rolls around and Piers Morgan decides to try one for himself. I'm sure you see this coming but....
He broke three ribs after falling off the Segway at 12mph in California - just three days before he was due to make his biggest TV appearance to date, as a judge on the grand final of reality show America's Got Talent.

Quite what he was doing on a Segway - labelled 'the geek machine' by critics - Morgan has yet to explain, but these pictures reveal the moment of the undignified crash.

He can be seen cruising comfortably along the promenade at Santa Monica beach. Inexplicably, his delicate sense of balance fails him. The Segway swerves to the right, mounting the kerb. Morgan's 'toned muscular, tanned, superfit torso' (as he describes it) continues straight along the road but sadly his feet remain planted to the rogue Segway. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=479271&in_page_id=1770
piersMS0109_468x355.jpg

piersMS0109_468x344.jpg

Any other examples of poetic justice? (especially funny ones)

Last edited:
It was a bit of a different story, as Bush forgot to turn his on...
But I agree, poetic justice, irony and just plain funny!

I wonder how he enjoys the taste of crow.

Now if this Piers Morgan destroys vast swathes of the environment, encouraged government watchdog agencies not to do their jobs, wildly increases the national debt, transfers vast amounts of funds from taxpayers to friends in the corporate world, increases the chances of terrorist attacks, alienates both the first and third worlds, reduces rights to privacy, puts radical life hating judges in importantion positions of power, lies regularly to the American public including lies that start a war, and reduces the actual freedom and power of all but a few American citizens he should be really embarrassed.

Why then the morally neutral, falling off a device incident will not even be remembered amidst all the shame a decent person would feel having done all that.

Now if this Piers Morgan destroys vast swathes of the environment, encouraged government watchdog agencies not to do their jobs, wildly increases the national debt....

Why then the morally neutral, falling off a device incident will not even be remembered amidst all the shame a decent person would feel having done all that.
No, falling off a device is funnier than all that. Look at president Ford. He's famous for falling down. Chevy Chase made a career of imitating his falls to the extent that nowadays he suffers from chronic pain as a result of all the falls.

No, falling off a device is funnier than all that. Look at president Ford. He's famous for falling down. Chevy Chase made a career of imitating his falls to the extent that nowadays he suffers from chronic pain as a result of all the falls.

Sure, that's funnier. In fact the other stuff is the opposite of funny. But the point is his falling off is supposed to be something he should be embarrassed by, unless I missed the point of the OP. In the world of potential embarrassment, he has a drop in Bush's sea.

The very sad thing is: I bet he is embarrassed and Bush is proud.

Back