Please Clarify Aurora Borelais - Is It Inner Suns Reflection

darksidZz

Valued Senior Member
I've heard the story that the Aurora Borelais is actually a reflection from the center of the earth, it seems people think there's a hole inside all planets (due to centrifugal motion) that basically hollows out worlds / stars. So actually the idea is the Aurora Borelais is this inner worlds mini-sun and the thing gets reflected in the atmosphere. How likely / possible is such a thing? Why don't planets have hollow cores if they're spinning about? Thoughts?

I've heard the story that the Aurora Borelais is actually a reflection from the center of the earth,
Don't believe everything you hear.:rolleyes:
Look up the definition of 'story'.;)
How likely / possible is such a thing?
About as likely as the notion that the Earth is carried on the back of a giant turtle.
Why don't planets have hollow cores if they're spinning about? Thoughts?
Gravity. It's an attractive idea.

In realtiy no object can have a solid core, as gravity is always stronger on the outside of a object than at the center. in cases where there is a soild middle such as a rock it is the weakest point within the rock.

A simple lesson in the distribution of mass will show you right from wrong. if you slice a piece of pie you will always find that the larger piece of pie is one the out side not on the inside.

another simple lesson is to look at a people that stand on the world, on one side a person stands on the world, just as well a person stands on the opposite side of the world, they both are held to the ground, there for gravity has changed the direction of its pull, and at the center of the earth must switch, as gravity must switch for two people to satnd on opposite sides of the world, the two must pull at the center of the earth leaving a vacant space.

A small sun like object at the center of the earth is debatable, but inorder to produce a magnetic feild ionzation at least must occur, and so you have to figure out does that cause enough electricall conduction to be a small sun. some people think the center of the earth is a nuclear reactor.

i hope this helps a little bit.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

I've heard the story that the Aurora Borelais is actually a reflection from the center of the earth, it seems people think there's a hole inside all planets (due to centrifugal motion) that basically hollows out worlds / stars. So actually the idea is the Aurora Borelais is this inner worlds mini-sun and the thing gets reflected in the atmosphere. How likely / possible is such a thing? Why don't planets have hollow cores if they're spinning about? Thoughts?

OK, simple questions,...

Why can you only see the aurora at the pole?

If it were a reflection, wouldn't it be visible all over the globe?

How can a reflection pass through the Earth's mantle?

Why would spinning an object cause it to hollow out?

Does the outside, or the inside of the Earth move faster?

Which part therefore would experience the greater reaction to the centripetal acceleration ('centrifugal force')?

What's wrong with the accepted theory about the formation of the aurora?

Why do you specify the aurora borealis? What about the southern aurora?

Are you a bit gullible?

OK, simple questions,...

Why can you only see the aurora at the pole?

They say it's because there are holes in the North & South poles causing the reflection to be seen only in those areas.

If it were a reflection, wouldn't it be visible all over the globe?

Because there are holes there in the North & South poles.

How can a reflection pass through the Earth's mantle?

It can't

Why would spinning an object cause it to hollow out?

If you spin something very fast the matter is thrown towards the outer edge, thus a circle would certainly not be filled.

Does the outside, or the inside of the Earth move faster?

I don't know :(

Which part therefore would experience the greater reaction to the centripetal acceleration ('centrifugal force')?

Huh?

What's wrong with the accepted theory about the formation of the aurora?

Nothing

Why do you specify the aurora borealis? What about the southern aurora?

Well I guess they both can be.

Are you a bit gullible?

Yes :A

They say it's because there are holes in the North & South poles causing the reflection to be seen only in those areas.

So they are North and South Holes, not Poles? :bugeye:

Who is 'they'?

Because there are holes there in the North & South poles.

Holes that nobody has ever seen, mapped, or detected. That NO explorers have discovered. That no satellite has an image of, ....

If you spin something very fast the matter is thrown towards the outer edge, thus a circle would certainly not be filled.

If the matter were flung towards the edge, why would it stop there? You are saying that gravity cannot hold the matter together at the centre, then it would be flung into space at the edge. It's simple physics.

I don't know :(

How can you not know? Think, boy, think!

Basic physics. Instead of regurgitating dubious crap, go read some physics, it's far more rewarding in the long run.

There's a rather large US base at the South pole. The North pole is ocean covered with ice.

No holes.

HEY whats wrong with worlds carried on the backs of turtles:p

makes PERFECT sence:p

(im kidding, but i LOVE the disc world)

That's quite a story all right. Someone should submit it for the Ralph Williams Memorial Prize for Speculative Fiction...

Back