Places To Go Before You Die

goofyfish

Analog By Birth, Digital By Design
Valued Senior Member
I think the thing I’d like to see Cambodia and the temples of Angkor including Angor Wat, and especially the temple of Ta Prohm. They look totally stunning. A bit tricky to get to them, but well worth it, I’m sure.

angkor6.JPG

309.jpg

Disregarding time, expense, big scary bugs, etc, where would you really like to see go and see one day? And if you’ve been to any of the places that others mention – what are they like?

Peace.

I want to hike in the Andes and camp in Macchu Pichu. I wanted to put up a pic of it, but all the ones I found (I did not look real hard) were small and badly compressed. I hate people who cannot use their digital imaging gear. I want to drop anvils on them.

You are a very strange girl.
Not that I'm complaining, mind you! :D

The world's largest food fight -
Plaza del Pueblo Buñol, Spain.

mmmmmmmmmmmm... marinara...

Peace.

Hey! You asked what I would like to see before I die. And if I had only one more day.... :D

I would like to rest my bones on the uppermost tip of the highest Egyptian pyramid. Problem is I don't think you're allowed to climb them now. Aw fuck it. if I'm gonna die what can they do ?

I really just want to go to Japan. That and I wanna see the City of Florence before I die.

I like Ankor Wat. Also, Egypt. Not just the Pyrmids and Cairo and Memphis, but all over Egypt.

Especially Deir el-Bahari

small_hatchepsut.jpg

And India, and Australia, and Tahiti.

I'd like to eat on the first restaurant in space, I just hope they got one before I die

or they could drive me out to Area 51 and show me what they are doing there

ANTATICA

For sure

I AM going to see the Arura Australis

Id also love to go into space and see the earth

Easter-Island...:)

Mayhaps find out what's really going on in places like the Bermuda-Triangle. I just want to know what is going on in these places on Earth. For it's not just the Bermuda-Triangle where these strange disappearances and happenings occur. I want to disappear and see where I show up again, there must be something/somewhere, a place you appear again. Just curious...:) :)

Not sure. If I'm going to die afterwards, this is no time for a site-seeing vacation. I would want to go some place where I could gather information to help people, and share it with my friends before I die. I wouldn't want to sacrifice the answers so many people seem to need to see marvelous sights of nature, history, or technology.

Be it not, I would agree with Cactus Jack, I would go to Japan. And Brazil and Antartic secondary if I had a chance.

Originally posted by Clarentavious
Not sure. If I'm going to die afterwards, this is no time for a site-seeing vacation. I would want to go some place where I could gather information to help people, and share it with my friends before I die. I wouldn't want to sacrifice the answers so many people seem to need to see marvelous sights of nature, history, or technology.

Be it not, I would agree with Cactus Jack, I would go to Japan. And Brazil and Antartic secondary if I had a chance.
Very noble! :) But perhaps slightly off the point. The idea is (if I'm not mistaken) places you want to see before you kick it.

bbcboy introduced the idea of dying the very next day ....

Of the replies I've seen, perhaps Xev's is closest to mine - ie. Tahiti (not been yet) and India (can't get enough of it!). Is the picture of "Petra" the city carved outta rock in Jordan (near Israel border)?

Also Banshee's Easter Island. That one is purely for the satisfaction of having set foot on the most remote location on earth. Furthest away from any other inhabhited place.

I've no expectation of seeing any supernatural sights in Easter Island! Nor the "bermuda triangle" or places like that. IMO, it's all hype ...

Good topic.

For the nature: Iceland, Scotland and the north part o.t. Rocky Mountains.
For culture: I really can't decide: the Taj mahal, Ankor, Borubodur, all the french cathedrals (Chatres, Ste. Chapelle, etc.), the Ka'ba (Mekka)... phfff

Back