Periferal Vision Strengthens, Shadows amok?

BigC

Registered Senior Member
I was curious on something. I've been discussing about periferal vision with several people. They've all told me that for awhile now, you could start to see things move, and dart across rooms etc, in your perifery vision lately. I don't know what it is, since I experience it as well. and NO I am not drunk or doing drugs. Geeze so take that off your minds. Does anyone have experiences like these? let me know of em.

What they're seeing is probably similar to the little shapes you can see floating in front of your eyeballs when you look up at a clear blue sky. These are microbes, I believe, that clean the surface of the eye. Occassionally, they drift into view. Perfectly normal. If you want to have fun, try to actually look directly at one. :)

BigC,
I believe some are ghosts. I have talked to people who see their loved ones that have passed away and when they move these people say they can see them out of the corner of their eye. Just thought I'd mention that for what its worth. The black spots that people sometimes see are caused by the sun and will mostly disappear in time.
Alien

Well, if they're ghosts, there must be tons of them flying and darting about at night outside. I see a lot of them. Either its a lot of them or just one buzzing around too fast for me to keep up. Anyway of finding out exactly what these things are? Any experiments I can do? Perhaps night vision is the ansewr?

BigC,
Try taking some photos of the room when this is going on preferably set up a camera that will automatically take many shots randomly throughout these experiences. You never know what you may get a photo of!
Alien

Well I thought about he microb theory of course. And in perfect day light, that seems the most logical answer, and most 'human' one to come up with. It is possible I suppose that, that could happen. But what about at night when it's hard to see at all? Only when something makes itself present and able to see. I find that Twilight is the perfect time to see the 'microbs' if that were true.

The microbes are directly on your eyeball. During twilight there's less background light to distract the normal range of vision.

Oxygen, from what I read, they aren't microbes, but are small fragments of a blood vessal(or nerve) that we have had during development. When you grew, the vessel lost purpose and broke up. Since there was no way out of the eyeball, it just floats around inside of your eye. What do you think?

------------------
I wish that for every dollar I spend, that I would gain another dollar, because then yippee! I'd get my money back.

Back