Paranormal or Plainlynormal?

Paranormal or Plainlynormal?

• animal-whispering

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • improving your eyesight by mental training

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • making correct assumptions about the future (Careful! Trap! :))

• waking yourself up at correctly the needed time

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • willing other beings into the behavior you want

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • getting random (mental) messages from loved ones

• getting planned (mental) messages from loved ones

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • using senses for purposes they were not designed for (e.g. reading script with hands)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

sparkle

born to be free
Registered Senior Member
Sometimes borders seem not clear. Therefore my questions. What do you consider paranormal?

I don't really see how anything really could be paranormal. I don't see that there is a set of things which are Normal (which I assume we would consider objective reality) and then those things witch are "paranormal" or somehow outside of objective reality, because if they were indeed real, then there is no dividing line which separates them from being part of said objective reality.

Really I think that the only lines which can be drawn are between paradigms. There are those things which fit within our own paradigms, which would be normal, and those things which would not, which would be paranormal. This alone should be evidence, not that there are things outside normal existence, this is not true, but only that our own paradigms may need to be expanded to allow for objective reality. In the real world, this is a big part of what we call science. Provisional agreement with an idea based upon conclusive evidence that something indeed is.

spymoose:
good question. It was not possible to make it multiple-choice. Just pick the one you would certainly put under "paranormal" and vote for it. Thanks.

Back