pacifism

robtex

Registered Senior Member
I have noticed since I have been on here that most people seem pretty paciftic in nature. I am wondering how many pacifists are here and what pacifism is to them..and when did they decide to be pacifists?

there is a quote by Niebuhr (and Robert s McNamara)
"How much evil must we do in order to do good?"
I just think that logical people can see that there are less evil ways of doing good, and thus are apposed to most wars and things on those grounds. moreover, pacifism can be taken in the context of a position of non-confrontation, which is good, because logical conversation breaks down when people get angry.

Few problems are solved through war. Statistically, one would be better off to take a pacifist/defensive approach than an imperialist one.

Cheetahs are pacifists, and it's simply because they are too weak to compete with the other predators on the african plains.
Thats what pacifism is, thats where the behaviour comes from, it's a survival strategy so organisms could live on despite being muscled out of the fruits of their own hard work.
At it's essence, pacifism is a tactic for the inferior.

Weak people decided to glamorize it so they wouldn't feel ashamed.

I can see being proud of it if you're a cunning old man on his last legs, scraping through and defying the reaper on sneaky snakey pacifism tactics.
But conceding to pacifism from the get go can't be good for one's sense of self worth.

Thats what pacifism is to me and the universe. You're free to have your own little personal definition if denial will help you ward off the nagging depression waiting to pounce on your vulnerable soul.

Back