Out of dream experience?

Rantaak

Registered Senior Member
Alright. So i was sleeping over at a friend's house. Woke up in the morning to the alarm clock, i was on the top bunk, he was on the lower. He decided to go watch tv. I decided to sleep a bit more. I fell asleep, right? And i had some dream. Here come's the strange bit. I was completely aware of my physical surroundings while in the dream, as if i was awake and had my eyes open. I was also aware of everything that i normally am, consciously (i.e. whats in my pockets, what day of the week it is, what school year im in, the time, etc...). I also had complete control over my physical body. I was able to induce lucid dreaming this way, realizing that i was actually no longer in 8th grade and knowing that i was at my friends house in the upper bunk. It... was interesting. I'm a bit confused though. I thought the conscious part of my brain was supposed to be off when i was in the dream state... If anyone has any ideas/similar experiences about this, please let me know.

I have recently started to experience some things like that. I wake up and then go back to sleep. I start dreaming and then somewhere in the dream I realize I am aware of my body in my bed. I try to move a foot or my fingers and they move fine.... yet I am still dreaming. I have noticed it is a very fragile state and I cant make it last very long. I usually start to wake up and I have to really concentrate on the dream to get back into the dream and not wake up. I like the feeling but I wish it would last longer.

There is no 'concious part' and 'subconcious part', to dichotomise your 'self' is a major fallacy. Conventionaly speaking there are different states of conciousness, such as wakefulness and sleep, but there realy isn't something in the brain that you can point at and call your concious part and another that's your subcontious.

I had a similar sort of experience, where i knew i was dreaming and was also at the same time aware of my physical body. I think these are just really fun cases of being "half-asleep". I wasnt sure when my dream ended though, because it took place in my bed as well. :D :D

Back