Ought there be a law?

zanket

Human
Valued Senior Member
There was a guy I read about who would do things like: Bought a park bench that looked just like the benches in Central Park (New York). Then he and a buddy carried their bench through Central Park. They were arrested. Just before being thrown in jail, they showed their receipt for the bench.

Perhaps it really was unintentional. But this guy was often found in such situations. Should there be a law to punish people like this? How would it read?

IMHO Let them be.
Intentionally not breaking the law shouldn't be illegal:D

You'll probably find that such people could be busted for wasting police time if they tried to push the envelope.

Never make a new law when an old one will do.;)
Dee Cee

Maybe there should be a committee which only task is to simplify and delete superfluous laws, and streamline laws to make them more fair.

Keep the rules simple. The lawers wouldn't like it, they prefer it when only they can understand the law;)
Dee Cee

Originally posted by DeeCee
You'll probably find that such people could be busted for wasting police time if they tried to push the envelope.

I agree. I’d not want a new law.

A new law to punish pranksters? Why not a new law to punish loss of humour?

Originally posted by DeeCee
Keep the rules simple. The lawers wouldn't like it, they prefer it when only they can understand the law;)
Dee Cee

LOL... one of my law lecturers always told me that if a lawyer professed to understand the law, they'd be a bad lawyer.. :p

Makes me wonder why I'm spending hours reading it trying to understand it:rolleyes:

It sound as if he gets a joy out of "almost" getting in trouble and toying with the law. There shouldn't be a law against this perse but more rather a scare tactic to scare his ass out of this activity. It's rather humrous no?

Back