Origin of Christianity.

Logically Unsound

wwaassuupp and so on
Registered Senior Member
Nope, im not gonna sit here bashing it, i think thats not allowed any more....

i just wondered (this has probably been covered before)

lots of people refute jesus' exsistence, but how come christianity started up at the same time as jesus' was supposed to be around?

was it just cause thats when the bible started circulating?
but i would have thought that the dominant religion at the time would have supressed it if it had just been the book on its own...

also, it takes about 2 years to read the bible (thats what a preist once told me), so it defietly couldnt have been the book on its own.
and i cant imagine just a few blokeys coming and convertinga country without some sort of a miracle... so what? do you think i mean... not so what? in the terms of ignore me...

Logically Unsound said:

lots of people refute jesus' exsistence, but how come christianity started up at the same time as jesus' was supposed to be around?

but i would have thought that the dominant religion at the time would have supressed it if it had just been the book on its own...

also, it takes about 2 years to read the bible (thats what a preist once told me), so it defietly couldnt have been the book on its own.
and i cant imagine just a few blokeys coming and convertinga country without some sort of a miracle... so what? do you think i mean... not so what? in the terms of ignore me...
I read that it takes around a year to read the Bible, if you read four chapters a day.

yeah it was a preist i was talking to though so they probably were just lazing about cause theyve read it a zillion times before.

At the time of Jesus, his teaching were considered a form of Judaism. Christianity developed later, and the bible even later than that. The separate gospels were in circulation, though, and some early christians called themselves by which gospel they followed, ie. a Thomas Christian (if you follow the gospel of Thomas). The dominant Romans did suppress Christianity rather horribly, until I think Constantine (?) adopted it, and made it official.

Logically Unsound said:

The reason that Christianity survived persecution from the dominant religious group of that time is due to the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. This is the cornerstone of the christian faith.

Back