orgin of your name

Status
Not open for further replies.

iced_earth

Anathematized
Registered Senior Member
so why did you pick your name , what its meaning if any

mine is a heavy metal band they rock man !!!

Yeah I already repeated it. Just for the record (again) my name comes from a planet in the game Star Trek: 25th Anniversary. It's pronounced Pollux five, not pollux the fifth.

Zion Mainframe Computer in <b>THE MATRIX</b>.the city free from machines...

bye!

Goofyfish, that doesn't even sound like the first version of the thread ... though it was interesting.

Scilosopher was not my first choice. I don't remember what my first choice was. I hope the meaning should be obvious, but I'm scientifically philosophical ...

What's in a name anyway? You pick something and as you post your name begins to embody you. My real name is too common and sides I'm a sheep (baaah) and people did not seem to be using their real names ...

Thed, I would have thought it was a male name - though it did sound evil. Why so dark??

Yes Thed, I also assumed you were a man....
Bebelina is given to me in love. A lovehandle...:p

Although I have learned that it had a somehwat devilish biblical connection. :D

Uhh... I like watching the stars. Nothing like it. Did anyone see the leonid meteor shower a few months back? I counted over 500, and I didnt even stay out that long. It was thee most awesome thing I have ever experienced.

Groove on:cool:

Merlijn is my second name. I like both my names (not my surname though), but I believe there already was a Rogier (which is my first name). Furthermore, I like Merlin the Druid - Merlijn is Dutch for Merlin.
And -again- it's Merlijn not Merljin! The Dutch "ij" is a single phoneme, sounds like "I"/"eye"

Name

We chose the name backslash as it was the first word used as we examined the sequence of the standard keyboard formation from bottom left onwards. Due to our supposition that the word backslash would be one of the most commonly applied words and would not be unusual we established a uniqueness by converting the characters within backslash into numerical values (111). We multiplied that number by 7 as the backslash character was the 7th character along the keyboard. This created the number 777 which created the name backslash777.

I believe my thread was the second and....

SOOOO Backslash my 'your name-and why!' thread wasn't good enuff for ya, eh? Do you and iced_earth have something going?

Statement

We are Backslash777. Pollux V- we will under no circumstances desire to cause you wrongdoing. Your above standard Human qualities bring us particular fascination and your diverse breadth of knowledge illustrates aptitude. The major point is that your compassion towards us is remembered.

Now of my favorite songs is done by Blue Oyster Cult "Dont Fear the Rearper". So i took REAPER & translated it into Latin.

P.S. hey Iced get your disk to work yet HA HA HA HA

Some of you already know this
Around the time I started on the boards I was being filmed by the BBC here in Liverpool. They're doing a series of documentaries about sex and sexual health and that's the field I work in :)
It's VERY interesting.
Anyhoo, the first program goes on air in about two weeks or so, so by then I may be far too famous to chat with Y'all.
And the pope may shit in the woods :(
Peace

You know that is not easy for the pope, he has to deal with that long robe and all those helpers.

And then there is the famous, near famous, and the infamous. Most of us fit some where in between. Maybe you break out of the mold. :bugeye:

I wonder if the pope still uses the traditional vinegar soaked sponge on a stick? Nah probably kitten soft tissue. Mind you the catholic faith is the richest in the world maybe he just uses a kitten!

:cool:

As for fame, I think I may well have had my 15 minutes. I had a few of my plays performed a few years ago and signed the grand total of 1 autograph ever since. Then again one of the plays was about a man who was killed by a falling concrete penis. Dont ask!

I sometimes feel split in my comments/ no I dont.

That and I dont feel i look like my first name/ maybe sometimes.

Theres two sides to everthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back