Organic life disgusting

peta9

Registered Senior Member
Anyone ever thought about that? Blood, guts, decay etc.. how we are so weak..it's disgusting. How we eat and defecate etc...

Geezus, it's monstrous, very low and so gross. It makes you wonder where this design came from and what this organic life is all about.

But you have to admit, it is weird..

compared to what?
I think we are beautifully complex. Our variety makes us even more beautiful and unique.
We are no more beastly looking than gazelles, butterflies, or lyrebirds.

very strange, like the devil meets the virgin. only not a perfectly happy dance. a gross understatement.

cries hysterically.

Anyone ever thought about that? Blood, guts, decay etc.. how we are so weak..it's disgusting. How we eat and defecate etc...

Geezus, it's monstrous, very low and so gross. It makes you wonder where this design came from and what this organic life is all about.

Organic life isn't disgusting per se. What is disgusting is material that's out of place; material that crosses the borders of our bodies and therefore reminds us of what we would rather leave unseen (our corporeality & our mortality). Blood & guts are only disgusting when they come out of the body--they're fine as long as they remain inside.

compared to what?
I think we are beautifully complex. Our variety makes us even more beautiful and unique.
We are no more beastly looking than gazelles, butterflies, or lyrebirds.

Yes, there is beauty but at the same time i just have this nagging suspicion our design has a serious monkey wrench thrown in.

It's a predatorial universe and that in itself is much to ponder in it's ramifications for the sanctity of life among other things.

To me, this universe seems in many ways an abomination that must adapt to it and squeeze gold.

hehe. it's on you too. fellow poophole. That's so, so very dignified. Where's my dignity? *drools* from hysterical laughter.

Do you think you are superior to a rock? Kick it and see who stubs their toe.

*confused*

Do you think you are superior to a rock? Kick it and see who stubs their toe.
Kick it ?

Nay, Nay...

"Click it" !
2001hi1ov7.jpg

Actually, i'm quite positive i cut disect a human body and perform an autopsy (i was going to say autism there, duh), and not feel too sick. Granted, its not pleasent i'm sure, but i think i could do it.

Hand me the knife.

Design? What design?

As to being disgusting, what would you expect from creatures descended from pond scum?

Organic life isn't disgusting per se. What is disgusting is material that's out of place; material that crosses the borders of our bodies and therefore reminds us of what we would rather leave unseen (our corporeality & our mortality). Blood & guts are only disgusting when they come out of the body--they're fine as long as they remain inside.

I think it's probably an evolutionary thing. Naturally we don't like the sight of blood and guts because if you're seeing them then it means there's a serious problem.

I vote that we become silicon-based lifeforms with immediate effect and start shitting computer parts.

I'm kidding. We're beautiful.

retinamed.jpg

Immunofluorescence micrographs of a mouse retina.

Back