Oral Roberts Called Home

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
Apparently they didn't raise enough money this time. :shrug: Anyone here every watch his TV show? My grandma adored him....until his 'calling home' plea.

His ministry hit upon rocky times in the 1980s. There was controversy over his City of Faith medical center, a $250 million investment that eventually folded, and Roberts' widely ridiculed proclamation that God would "call me home" if he failed to meet a fundraising goal of $8 million. A law school he founded also was shuttered.

TULSA, Okla - Oral Roberts, the evangelist who rose from humble tent revivals to found a multimillion-dollar ministry and a university bearing his name, died Tuesday. He was 91.

Roberts died of complications from pneumonia in Newport Beach, Calif., according to his spokesman, A. Larry Ross. The evangelist was hospitalized after a fall on Saturday. He had survived two heart attacks in the 1990s and a broken hip in 2006.

I only remember his name as the punchline in that famous riddle..... What do you call two gay guys named Bob? An enduring legacy for sure.:D

Don't forget Moral Orel on adult swim
300px-Moralorel_image.jpg

Now that he's gone, do you foresee the rise of members in Oral Sects?

Nope, their God couldn't manage. The hospital and law school Oral started went extinct. No matter what, Oral and his dreams were a waste of time and money. So much for the so called leading of the spirit.

The last two answers to my question in Post #4 are what makes human psychology the most interesting branch of scientific study. Not only does it represent the.....forget it, I just need someone to explain it to my buddy 'earth':D

Back