oracle against God?

vitaminA

Registered Senior Member
Do not know if this fits into this section, but are Tarot cards against God? I have a post about this in Parapsychology I think, but I wanted to see if anybody knew anything about this topic here. Is the oracle Tarot against any religions? Against God? Is looking into the future, looking deeper into life itself and our surroundings and how they affect us, is that against God?
Thank you,
Vitamin

Some Christian denominations would define the Tarot as witchcraft and therefore sinful or against god but seeing as one cannot predict the future using the Tarot and it's only useful function is symbolic metaphor, entertainment, or an aid to creative thought it seems rather silly to believe that it's sinful.

~Raithere

Originally posted by Hevene
No (spiritually). Remember, free will?

I don't think I understand.

Are you saying that it is not blasphemy since it was done as an exercise of free will?

Wouldn't that imply that nothing is blasphemous or sinful?

Murder is not a sin because it is an exercise of free will?

Yep.
What would the purpose of free will be if it is created so God can take it away from us?

Nothing is blasphemous or sinful. Those are your judgements on things based on your understandings and beliefs.

Murder is not a sin because it is an exercise of free will?
We can always choose what we want to be and every choice is a definition of who you are. You always have the free will to choose who you want to be. It is not a sin. The concepts of sins is put into place by organised religions to restrict us. Ending ones life can well be a blessing.

Nothing is blasphemous or sinful. Those are your judgements on things based on your understandings and beliefs.
Correction.
Not mine, others'.

We can always choose what we want to be and every choice is a definition of who you are. You always have the free will to choose who you want to be. It is not a sin. The concepts of sins is put into place by organised religions to restrict us. Ending ones life can well be a blessing.

I agree.
I just wanted to clarify what you meant.

Back