Open minded thought

Slacker47

Paint it Black
Registered Senior Member
First of all, I am an atheist, but I do at times think about a higher power.

Anyway, if there was a God, who is to say that he would be a "good" God? It is completely possible that is God created us, he could be toying with us like a mad man until he decides to obliterate us. This is kind of creepy considering the amount of people that believe in the monotheistic God.

Another thing that I was thinking: since the Bible was written through divine intervention, it is also possible that the God Christians worship could actually be Satan posing as the just one. So, the God that Christians worship could actually be un-just and conniving. This could be his plan to channel all good souls to Hell to rise against the true and just God. (I am assuming that Satan would have the power to do this considering that he lives in the same realm as God)

Just think of a scientist who creates a civilization the size of atoms, but they are humanoid. He could make them think whatever he wanted them to think.

Does anyone else think that this is in any way possible?

I would see it as possible. I acctually had a debate with my friend on simaler lines. He came across this theory, that the god that we know was the son of another god. And that son created use to "get back at his father". Mainly a product of the foolishness of our creator. After a while the Father sent Jesus to infiltrate his sons creating to teach us to be free. Perhaps this is the bibles satan?

the way i look at it, 'God' is not good or evil, but both. it is the envelopment of all energies at all times. and, our actions reflect that. to have good, one must have evil or else good would not exist. they are the same thing, just two different poles or extremes.

so, i guess, if one is a religious person, they could say that from my standpoint, 'God' and 'Satan' are the same thing...

Then god would simply be a universal consciousness. Which we are all a part of.

Last edited:
I've never understood this. One of many ways of defining God is as the highest imaginable thing. The universe as a whole. Etc... Not a being, or a ruler, or a father. The only thing I don't understand is why call the sum of everything God, giving it a mysterious feel, why not just call it the sum of everything?

That would make the sum of consciousness the universe. Thus this is all nothing but a dream constructed by us as a whole? Interesting.

Another thing that I was thinking: since the Bible was written through divine intervention, it is also possible that the God Christians worship could actually be Satan posing as the just one.

Or a prankster with a time machine.

I'd like to separte 'GOD' from any kind of religious associations whatsoever and think more in the terms as, as some have stated, that GOD is the universe and GOD is the truth. But it is not seperate from us as a factor telling us what's right and wrong, but we are a part of GOD.
In a sense there is no right and wrong, morals don't exist as objective truths for all mankind to follow. It is all subjective.
Because what is the religious god all about in the end, morals.
Countless terrible attrocities have been commited in the name of god.

A person should find their own truth and reality, not be told what to believe as religion does. So if you are religious, take a moment to think about it. Is it because you are affraid to believe otherwize(Hell?), your mind has been doctrined into the belief by your environment and past, you just couldn't be bothered to think about it, or is it because you have searched for the answeres to your existance and the meaning of your life and believe to have found them in a book.
Theres nothing wrong with being religious, just as long as you consider religion has the answeres you seek and don't just believe it because your 'supposed to'.

I like finding my own answeres. And they change for every passing moment.

Back