Old movie, interesting idea..

mark01970

Registered Member
I was reading through some old posts, and saw someone mention that they experienced, while watching a movie, a woman dressed all in black cut into the video and said something to the extent of "yadd yadda from the year 2050 or some odd thing.." they swore he and his wife witnessed this.. (ummm... right)

ANYWAYS!

This reminded me of a movie I saw I think it was called Prince of Darkness, or something like that.. Basically it is a bunch of college students translating some old book that, unbeknownst to them, is summoning Satan. Well that is the general premise.

One plot twist of the movie is that everyone sharing common dreams where supposedly people from the future are trying to warn them of what they are doing by sending them video signals from the future by means of some sort of tachyon transmitted signal that invades their subconscious minds. Well.. okay, forgetting about all the religious mumbo jumbo and what not..

I am interested in what some of you folks think of this idea about mankind somehow managing to harness tachyons in some fashion. I have questions though..

Have we proven that tachyons exist?
If so, is it true that they can/do travel backwards through time?
Again, if so, does anyone think this is a potential technology?

Mark
:confused:

No proof of their existence. They remain hypothetical, and I understand that many physicists doubt they do exist.
If they do, then they do travel backwards in time.
Anything that exists has technological potential, but it's beyond me quite what it would be. The meaty end of a StarTrek transporter?

Just on a side track:

Its great how languages assign meanings to things that don't exist similar to how programming environments can have "reserved" words which can later be put into use with expansion into newer versions.

The word in this instance is how Tacyon is used, however there are other words thats again have meanings like "Maya". To think such a word exists before VR. (Virtual Reality)

Back