Off-topic posts from the "Evidence that God is real" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldtop

Registered Senior Member
Moderator note: This material has been split off from the following thread:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/evidence-that-god-is-real.161157

The explanation for the split is here:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/evidence-that-god-is-real.161157/page-20#post-3544794

---

And so the nastiness begins. This why these threads are a waste of time. Atheists like yourself can't help but get toxic in these discussions. You are incorrigable. That, to me, is the symptom of a person who denies, and rejects God.

Jan.

Ask yourself why you still beat your wife

Jan.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/scientists-discover-that-atheists-might-not-exist-and-that’s-not-a-joke.160736/page-112

Ahhh, the stench of hypocrisy. How do we then associate your toxic nastiness from those you claim deny and reject God?

Last edited by a moderator:
And so the nastiness begins. This why these threads are a waste of time. Atheists like yourself can't help but get toxic in these discussions. You are incorrigable. That, to me, is the symptom of a person who denies, and rejects God.

Jan.

Yes.
This is Iceaura all over. He is identity politics first and content a very clear second

As he said on a previous occasion, inadvertently revealing his MO:

Falsehood, followed by personal disparagement. No accountability, to reason or anything else. No engagement with any thread issue.
The overt (A)theist posts on a science forum.

Last edited:
Yes.
This is Iceaura all over. He is identity politics first and content a very clear second

As he said on a previous occasion, inadvertently revealing his MO:

Falsehood, followed by personal disparagement. No accountability, to reason or anything else. No engagement with any thread issue.
The overt (A)theist posts on a science forum.

I'm sure he never used to be like this.

Jan.

That's no way to critique your own post. But I do agree with you. I would have been nicer about it though.

Jan.

You really are damaged, aren't you? No wonder everyone here either skirts your issues or just ignores you.

Thanks, Alex. When I do wrong, I do it on purpose, but not often at all.

We all pay a price for wrong.

A loaded question or complex questionfallacy is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption
Such as (almost?) every question you have ever asked on this forum.
It's possible I overlooked an honest question from you somewhere. If one is pointed out to me, I will apologize.
What are you talking about?
The silliness of your claim that by all definitions any deity is Truth, and the error of your claim that your God is Truth.
It may have been pointed out, but that does not make the points true.
Of course not. The factual nature of the observation is supported elsewhere. That you have had it pointed out to you several times was the assertion.
If you accept there is no evidence for God, then you have created a straw god, and believe there is no evidence for Straw God.
The subject was your false claim that atheists in general reject and deny your God. The observation was that most don't.
And so the nastiness begins. This why these threads are a waste of time.
So quit wasting your time. Go away. After all, nothing you post here is an honest contribution to a science forum - so why bother?

Well, lessee - I'm pretty sure most people here can provide evidence of the existence of food, and the scientifically inclined can provide evidence of the existence of nourishment and hunger, without much in way of epistemological complexities.

So where's the analogy to evidence for God, in that "analogy" ?

Everyone else is taking your word for that. You keep telling us about your struggles, invoking analogies to illustrate the difficulty of the task, etc., and we are holding off on calling bullshit until you leave us no choice.

The question is why you refuse to tell us which end of the telescope is the right one, and what we would see if we looked down it.

And people think Dawkins is exaggerating, insulting, impolitic.

Forget the reality of God (the dominant Abrahamic deity) - we now need evidence that the entire matter of belief in that deity is not an exercise in self-deception and bad faith.

Because in the absence of countervailing evidence or argument, that has become the default assumption.

Last edited:
now rather than reprogram the various humans decided to throw them all out.

In modern as (some) Americans speak I guess you could call those wiped out the deplorables

Sorry but probably I have been watching to much American politics on TV

address the raping priests...no? Of course now its forgiveness that is rolled out.

I note that from almost 200 recommendations about church pedophile the pope said they would act on all but 2 (I think)

One of those was confession would remain secret

Reason - none one would confess if it was going to be released. Dooh

Soooooo- confession made - absolution given - but safe from any retribution (in legal terms they get a slap on the wrist)

Worse - keep them in the fold plus - send them out to fresh pastures

My solution - a priest who has heard a ped confession and not reported it be subject to the same secular consequences personally

Same rules for any other reportable crime

Curious about how long before confession descends to "I masturbated thinking of girls"

Steps down, picks up soap box, goes for a calming coffee

:)

In modern as (some) Americans speak I guess you could call those wiped out the deplorables

Sorry but probably I have been watching to much American politics on TV

I note that from almost 200 recommendations about church pedophile the pope said they would act on all but 2 (I think)

One of those was confession would remain secret

Reason - none one would confess if it was going to be released. Dooh

Soooooo- confession made - absolution given - but safe from any retribution (in legal terms they get a slap on the wrist)

Worse - keep them in the fold plus - send them out to fresh pastures

My solution - a priest who has heard a ped confession and not reported it be subject to the same secular consequences personally

Same rules for any other reportable crime

Curious about how long before confession descends to "I masturbated thinking of girls"

Steps down, picks up soap box, goes for a calming coffee

:)
///
Not trying to excuse anything but a huge part of the problem is forbidding priests to marry.

<>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back