NPR Reporter: Christians should "Burn"

Muhlenberg

Registered Senior Member
She also said, in a voice mail message, that God hates them and wants to kill their children.

"Rachael" no longer works for NPR affiliate WHYY in Philadelphia.

More details at Family.org

So much for christian forgiveness..
I thought it was only witches and muslims that we're allowed to burn?
Ah now I see. She wants to burn the wrong folks.

My bad.
Sorry.
Dee Cee

So much for christian forgiveness..
I thought it was only witches and muslims that we're allowed to burn?
Ah now I see. She wants to burn the wrong folks.

You equate someone being released from their job for being stupid with 'burning'? While I'm hesitant to defend Christians here, how do you know they had anything to do with her firing? According to the article, they simply posted on their website the transcript of her message for their audience to see (and I suspect their audience is very narrow). And according to the article she resigned, though obviously she was probably under some sort of pressure from the radio station. But how that relates to a Christian 'burning' you will have to explain in more detail.

It's certainly true that she had every right to be upset with the Christian group who e-mailed her over the homosexual issue, if that is an issue important to her, but her vitriolic response shows her to be every bit as deranged as those she would apparently wish dead.

I think it's a little ironic that Christians can say that liberals will burn and it's ok. That's just a Christian thing. When a liberal says it though, it's vitriol and hate and propoganda.

Whatever.

Courtesy of The Onion.
christianityrisk.jpg

I think it's a little ironic that Christians can say that liberals will burn and it's ok. That's just a Christian thing. When a liberal says it though, it's vitriol and hate and propoganda.

Indeed. Complete bunch of hypocrites.

Roman said:

Whatever.

It's vitriol and hate and propaganda either way...God doesn't play favorites. Actually, it's worse if people associate this behaviour with Him. It's called taking His name in vain and witnessing falsely.

Love,

Lori

That's the point. It's not ok. What the point actually was is that those who use vitriolic rhetoric in their condemnation of Christians are no better than the vitriolic Christians they condemn. I despise both extremes.

"You're evil, horrible people. You're awful people," she said, identifying herself only as "Rachel." "You represent horrible ideas. God hates you and He wants to kill your children. You should all burn."

Amen.

"God hates you and He wants to kill your children. You should all burn."

I just hope that while God is burning the horrible Christians and their children, he also makes sure to save a place for Rachel at the stake and roasts her to, because she's as big a nutcase as those she hates.

Back