Nostradamus...?

BloodSuckingGerbile

Master of Puppets
Registered Senior Member
I just bought a book which is the full collection of Nostardamus' prophecies and I started reading it and I noticed that all the interpretations to his prophecies are not really based on anything.

The cool thing about his prophecies is that he played with words and even punctuauion and they were all interpreted as prophecies of major events.

For instance, there is a word, "Adulancatif" in the prophecy about the next antichrist. According to the prophecy the next antichrist is the Palestinian Abu Nidal.
Anyway, if you play with the letters of the combination "Mabus Adulancatif", it will give us Cadafi Luna (Cadafi is a close friend of Abu and Luna means Islam) from Adaluncatif and Abu from Mabus.
Adulancatif also gives us Nidal and Fatau, which phonetically resembles Fatah, the famous organisation.

Why do it this way? Why rearrange the words like this and not some other way? I don't get it.

I have a Nostrodamius collection too, and find it complete rubbish. The "prophecies" are pure gibberish which can be interpreted in any way you want. You just find one which symbolically or phonetically has some slight resemblance to current events, and bingo, you've got an oracle! It's crap. I bet the guy wrote it specifically with that vague interpreatation in mind.

I think, he purposely wrote it that way so that for thousands of years people will be trying to solve a puzzle which is mostly gibberish.

Someone should check if he wrote a note to be opened in 2050 that says: Gotcha...

I think, if you can put the Bible in text form (no gaps) in a grid patten with 72 words across and look for past history up and down and diagonal, I am sure you will find names, dates, places etc....

I think, if you can put the Bible in text form (no gaps) in a grid patten with 72 words across and look for past history up and down and diagonal, I am sure you will find names, dates, places etc....

You bet you can, and there are people doing it! Then they claim that it prooves something, but the only thing it proves is that they have too much time on their hands. You can do that with any sufficiently large body of text.

The day somebody finds a precise prediction in Nostradamus ahead of time and it comes true, I'll be slightly impressed, but those who have attempted that have either come up with just another sort of general gibberish, or else they havent come true.

But you must credit them for being able to make a buck on predicting the past ---- that in itself is not a small feat.

Hans

The Bible Codes are a most intriguing subject. However, their is already false information on the subject here.

The Text is NOT unspaced. It is also not in English but in Hebrew. I seriously suggest you guys read a good book on the subject. It has quite a few future predictions which we can try to measure with what is to come. What's different too about the Bible Codes is that they are a LOT more precise than Nostredomas, who talks vaguely of hollow mountains and great leaders and a ton of other things which can be interprited 100 differnt ways.

On the other hand, many mathmaticians, including many scientists from the Hebrew University, Jerusalem do not believe in the bible codes. Many of these same scientists are practiciing Jews who believe the Bible was divinely written.

Last edited:
The Text is NOT unspaced. It is also not in English but in Hebrew
I think it is unspaced xevious and i think it is also in english. I too think that they have too much time on thier hands and that its gibberish.

http://www.csicop.org/si/9711/bible-code.html

its all here is anyones interested.A lot of the stuff u read about nostradamus' prophecies in the papers is not true i.e. i read one about 9/11 and it said that nostrodamus' prophecy said "in the city of york" etc. It doesnt even say that!! Nostradamus' prophecies HAVE IMO been blown out of proportion and mis-represented.

What would be nice to know is how many of the predictions actually have come true, after the time of the release of the first book of Nostradamus and from the point where interpretations of his work was being released. Because independent of the validity of the interpretations, some events have come true after they were written. Which means that wether Nostradamus predicted it right to begin with, the interpretor of his work certainly did.

Because independent of the validity of the interpretations, some events have come true after they were written. Which means that wether Nostradamus predicted it right to begin with, the interpretor of his work certainly did.

Mmmm, problem is: Those interpretations tend to come after the fact. There has been a few before the fact interpretations of Nostradamus, such as the one about the end of the world in 1999.

But even when done before the fact, predictions made in modern times are not that mysterious; after all, anybody with a good knowledge about what goes on around the world will be able to make predictions about near future that have better odds than mere chance of coming true. Let me try:

1) Before christmas 2002 we'll see another industry scandal in the USA, there will be a big company going bankrupt, and there will be a big merger in the computer business.

2) There will be a military build-up in the middle east in the first months of 2003, but things are not going to go as pres. Bush has planned. The western world wil lbe in controversy about this.

3) During the next year, many people will loose their life due to floods, and there will be a great earthquake.

;) Now, lets see if I can beat Nostradamus......

Hans

What would be even better is if you back up your predictions with those of Nostradamus, since he is the issue here. It becomes a combined effort , building a bridge through time.

Mmmm, nahh. That would require me to actually READ the stuff. But now that you have my predictions, I'm sure its possible to find something in Nostradamus that backs them.:rolleyes:

Hans

" Those interpretations tend to come after the fact. There has been a few before the fact interpretations of Nostradamus, such as the one about the end of the world in 1999. "

But how do you know this if you haven't read the books?
Anybody who has come over some real research about this? Like when was the first interpretation of Nostradamus works released? And which of those predicted events have actually occured?

31:28 And hast not suffered me to kiss my sons and my daughters? thou hast now done foolishly in so doing.

If you start at the R in "daughters," and skip over three letters to the O in "thou," and three more to the S in "hast," and so on, the hidden message "Roswell" is revealed! This message has a step value of 4, as shown in Figure 1.

(petes' link to csicop.com)

I don't get it. The bible was originally written in Hebrew, so how come the translation of it to English also contains hidden messages? I looked in my Hebrew bible in Genesis 31:28, no sign of "Roswell" there... :confused:

Thanks for the link, that was a lot to read. The future will decide if I will muster enough interest to actually go back and read it all. But I am however a little bit more interested in reading the viewpoints of those opposite to the sceptics. ;)

I don't think the counting letters from various words will bring us any wisdom, that is just trying too hard to find something that apprently was not meant to be there.

I do not think the messages in Nostradamus works are so hidden. I think they are meant to be as precise as he could see them himself. And if we can't find their counterparts in the "real" world without counting letters, it could mean that those particular events did not take place after all or that the event had a much smaller impact than suggested in the books and therefore not noticed as much as predicted.

If you read what a self-proclaimed skeptic writes about anything you can be sure you are not getting a knowledgeable interpretation of the data. A skeptic is a person who is not intelligent enough to analyze data for themselves and therefore blandly denies what is universally known.

"A person who habitually doubts, questions, or suspends judgement upon matters generally accepted"--Websters

A skeptic is a person who will seize on the least tangible bit of heresay and use it to proclaim an entire series of event as false. Much of the skeptic publications are government financed, repression of ideas groups whose aim is to keep the mass majority of the public passive. The CIA and other such agencies have whole departments of them working on the web and in other media. You see them constantly in crop circle, cattle mutilation and UFO websites. They constantly ignore documented evidence and focus intently on the least tangible aspect of any event and then harp on it, trying to direct attention away from the real evidence.

A skeptic is a person who will seize on the least tangible bit of heresay and use it to proclaim an entire series of event as false.

Mmmm I would say the same about a "true believer"; they weed out anything that doesnt fit their preconcieved idea in order to "prove" their point.

A skeptic is a person who is not intelligent enough to analyze data for themselves and therefore blandly denies what is universally known.

Now, you are beginning to annoy me a little (probably with intention, heheh); I dont give much credit to people who rush out and brand any opposition as dumb, thats not a way to defend your viewpoint.

I'm not "a Skeptic" (and I dont think the people I cite are), but I'm skeptical of a lot of things, including the idea that aliens are involved in cattle mutilations, crop circles, etc, and I would gladly engage you in a cool-headed debate on any concept thereof. I'm sure that with your probably excellent intelligence, you can come forward with some convincing arguments.

Hans

Back