Niribu...Eris....Planet X?!?

sly1

Heartless
Registered Senior Member
Well recently I have been hearing a lot about the 10th eliptical orbit planet of our solar system but im hearing quite a bit of mixed and conflicting info...

Ive heard this 10th planet called many things, Eris....by nasa....Niribu by history/ufologists and planet x by media sources.......are they all the same thing?

Ive heard that its on a 30,000 year eliptical orbit around our sun. Ive heard its smaller than pluto but I have also heard its a dead star thats about the size of jupiter.......

Ive heard that it is aproching our solar system and that it will reach and pass through the asteroid belt area in roughly 5 years and if you are on the south pole you can actually see the planet/dead star appreoaching behind the sun.......Ive heard theories that it is responsible for the moon and the asteroid belt.

Ive read up on a lot about this rogue planet/dead star and honestly cant come up with much legit scientific information about it.

Anyone care to share some information they might know? links etc.... on the subject that I may have missed......

thanks
~sly~

Shades of nancy lederer :rolleyes:
Stryder is right (again) there are several planetoids in the Kuyper belt. None of them ever, ever orbits closely enough to the earth for them to be visable with the naked eye.
All orbits are eliptical but none to the degree required to bring them near earth.

Last edited:
First, if it is smaller than pluto, then it can't even be a planet. Pluto is far too small to be a planet, and is thus classed professionally as an asteroid.

First, if it is smaller than pluto, then it can't even be a planet. Pluto is far too small to be a planet, and is thus classed professionally as an asteroid.

Pluto has been called a planet for all of my life, I'm having trouble demoting it to a simple KBO ;)

I don't like talking about planatoid/asteroidal collisions... it's too possible, it freaks me out.

I don't like talking about planatoid/asteroidal collisions... it's too possible, it freaks me out.

Why? Consider this system started forming and revolving some ,what , 5 billion years ago ? Pretty much any thing in something else's path has already collided. Yeah, there is still a chance but it's getting slim.

Last edited:
Why? Consider this system started forming and revolving some ,what , 5 billion years ago ? Pretty much any thing in something else's path has already collided. Yeah, there is still a chance but it's getting slim.''

If you are referring to accretion, of course that was volatile, aboutr 8-10,000 million years ago. But the chances of an asteroid collision are very very probable. This is why NASA has several departments out looking for possible collions. What is even more scarey, is that they can escape our notice. Look at the one that recently hit that eastern country releasing toxins into the air... arsenic if i remember correctly.

Back