Nickel Allergy

That's very common. Nickel is the common factor in cheap jewelry that turns green or reacts with your skin.

Good idea. but, the belt is crap. I'm going to buy one with a brass buckle. I had a great belt from the US but I was in a rush to catch a plane and left it in Cairns :( I was late for the plane to boot :(

I stopped wearing the belt and everything was fine in a couple days.

I have to say, the reaction from my skin was pretty severe. I mean, I was sooo itchy I started bleeding! I was looking and my abdomen going - WTF!?!? My buddy said: Maybe you got crabs! Haaaa.... I was getting a little worried myself. BUT, after removing the belt everything cleared up soon thereafter :)

MII

PS: I wasn't worried about crabs :p

michael if you have a nickel alergy be sure to check your watch band. Mum has to buy anti alergy bands for hers because as the silver coating wears off the nickel underneath gives her xma. Also she has to buy (or be given) only 24 carot gold jewlery because with the cheeper stuff the nickle reacts with her skin (especially bad for her ears)

yes Michael...you will have to wear gold now instead of nickel, gold or silver jewelry...I am sorry Michael it has to be this way

actually silver is ok because they dont put nickle in sterling silver. Some silver COLORED watch bands however do have nickel under the plating and 18 carrot gold weding rings for instance will irritate someone with a nickle alergy

I had a friend with the same thing on a watch. Another friend electroplated it with cobalt, but it didn't help.

spider as i said there are anti alergy bands that wont react or there is as someone else suggested the option of coating with clear nail polish but you have to make sure to cover the whole thing in a couple of coats, preferably using a different brush each time so that nickle ions dont get onto the brush and contaiminate the higher layers. It also needs to be reaplied because it will scratch off eventually

I don't wear any jewelry at all - including a watch. Although, it seems steal would be OK?

Steel would be fine as long as your not alergic to it. My partner cant wear surgical steel because it causes a huge reaction (she USED to have a belly bar made of it). However i belive this is much rarer than nickle alergies.

I dont actually know what the anti alergy bands are made of but i DO know that the closer you get to pure gold or silver the less likly alergies are. Also White gold has no nickle in it

Back