New information!

Mr. Hamtastic

whackawhackado!
Registered Senior Member
If you have a shred, a tidbit, an iota of new information regarding theism/atheism that is not pure speculation, PLEASE post it here. If you just want to rehash the same old garbage over and over, I'd like to compare you to the fly, who repeatedly vomits and reingests. I believe this is madness.

There is no new information, there hasn't been any for two thousand years now apparently.
As for atheism, what kind of information were you hoping for ? There is no information about atheism because atheists just lack belief in whatever information theists claim to have.

I suppose a good atheist piece of new information would be discovery of proof of the nonexistence of God. Something nice and concrete.

There is no such evidence. By principle, it's impossible to disprove, or prove, God.

Give that man a cigar! Norsefire-I was beginning to become concerned about your capacity for thought.

I suppose a good atheist piece of new information would be discovery of proof of the nonexistence of God. Something nice and concrete.

Let's see... Prove a negative. Well, Mr. Hamtastic, have you discovered any proof of the nonexistence of the Spaghetti Monster yet?

As you say, same old shit...

Why don't you provide us with a piece of "new information"? On either side? Just trolling, perhaps?

News Flash!!!! ..... I have one atom of carbon in my body that was once part of Jesus' fecal matter. I used to have another electron or two of Jesus but I lost them when I stood too close to my cat.

Randwolf-You are absolutely correct. Did you read the OP or just decide to get offended out of habit?

PsychoticEpisode-That's nothing. Just this morning I found I had gained a few particles of both Chief Sitting Bull and Custer. I was quite conflicted. :)

PsychoticEpisode-That's nothing. Just this morning I found I had gained a few particles of both Chief Sitting Bull and Custer. I was quite conflicted. :)

I guess!! Sorry, I'm now Jesus-less, had to flush my Jesus atom down the toilet and believe me I feel a lot better.

Randwolf-You are absolutely correct. Did you read the OP or just decide to get offended out of habit?

Of course I read the OP. I am just wondering if you actually believe that there is anything "new" to be found here? And, if you are up to contributing some new insight of your own? I too would love to hear something "new".

Randwolf-There is no new information to be had for either side. There will not be. Why does it keep being debated as if one side will ever sway the other?

One reason being: not new information but new people.

Why does it keep being debated as if one side will ever sway the other?

Is this why you created the thread? Why not just ask the question you wanted answered? I think Oli pretty concisely provided a response...

Yep, but I don't think that way. There was and is the potential for an archaeologist or somesuch to find proof/disproof of belief X. I didn't want anyone who had new information to feel left out. :)

We have no new information, but we have new ideas, especially since the Enlightenment.

I assert that theism is an antiscientific philosophy and therefore people who claim to believe in both religion and science are manifesting cognitive dissonance.

The fundamental theory upon which all of science is based is that the natural universe is a closed system, whose behavior can be predicted by theories derived logically from empirical observation of its present and past behavior. Theism violates that theory by presuming that an illogical, unobservable supernatural universe exists and that its residents have the power to perturb events and conditions in the natural universe.

If external forces can act upon a system, it is ipso facto (to use a phrase that has been in the SciForums news lately) not a closed system.

Interesting, Fraggle, could you offer any reference to the fact that all science is based upon the universe being a closed system? I am no scientist, but that is the first time I've ever heard of that theory... oh wait. theory

Main Entry: the·o·ry
Pronunciation: \ˈthē-ə-rē, ˈthir-ē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural the·o·ries
Etymology: Late Latin theoria, from Greek theōria, from theōrein
Date: 1592
1: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
2: abstract thought : speculation
3: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>
4 a: a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn> b: an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory<in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>
5: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>
6 a: a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b: an unproved assumption : conjecture c: a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>

which definition are you going for here in terms of theory?

Back