Nervous Glitches

smoking revolver
Valued Senior Member
Wanted to ask a guestion.
I'm not so good in human biology(don't like it)
so I ask smone better at it->

->I had these experiences like - was reading a book and even without thinking of it I suddenly kicked a close by chair with my leg[I wasn't reading any horror, yust learning for my history class]
And then again I was lieing in a bed and then without any thoughts yust kicked the wall with my leg. [and couple of more xp]
All these times I kicked really fast, so fast tht if I could repeat them in Taekwon- Do match I would be a sure winner:)

So I assume my brain creates these nervous signals, without saying tht to me. My subconsciousness? Or is it some mailfunction or smth?

And about tht "fast"-> is the speed of movement dependent of adrenalin concentration in blood. If so, then my brain planned tht for quite a while, not so fast tht I even do not predict tht.

Yust kinda interesting:)
Your ideas, fellow biologists:)?

Well... I have never done that while fully awake, but quite regularly, as I am falling asleep, or reading and falling asleep, etc, I'll experience one of these limb twitches or even a sudden, violent, full-body twitch.

Searching a bit, I found that it is likely caused by "hypnagogic myoclonus", and often it's preceded by a sensation of falling. Supposedly harmless, perhaps others have more information?

Peace.

I have had a similar experience in a really early, really boring class. I was falling asleep and just started to dream about playing soccer and when I kicked the ball in my dream, I really kicked the chair in front of me. It was quite embarassing.

I have read somewhere that this is the result of the brain not quite being disengaged from the body yet before the dream begins.

Back