Need Help, Got Scammed!

Diode-Man

Awesome User Title
Registered Senior Member
Hello, 8-10 years ago a multilevel marketing business went around Utah saying they had a product which could "wash your laundry without any detergent" using their proclaimed "laundry ball." My parents spent around $1,500 dollars on these items. A few years later I saw a TV infomercial stating it was a scam and that people could get their money back. The problem is, my parents don't have their receipts and we don't even remember the name of the company.

Surely there is a directory or something which shows who all was apart of that "business" (scam) so we can go and get that money back?

Any advice?

They've probably faded quietly into the night but this, which names a company called TradeNet, may provide a starting point.

Who would spend $1500 on laundry balls? And why did you just realise it was a scam? Did the laundry balls work?

Well... supposedly the balls would pay for themselves overtime in saved laundry detergent. They had a big old video which explained that it was done through some bizarre "magnetic" process, targeting lower middle class families. Most of which, didn't know jack about science.

Dirty con artists!

Anyone who pays $1500 for laundry balls deserves to get scammed.

Contact the office of consumer affairs for your country

In australia i would start with the ACCC but be prepared to be passed off to the relivent state office

Also if its a scam contact the fraud squad

Who would spend $1500 on laundry balls? And why did you just realise it was a scam? Did the laundry balls work?

no they dont work, a company called "betterware" sells them in the uk and they are total, unter, rubbish!

i am trieing to find them in the betterware book online but i can't. we get the stupid brouchers through our door every month

Back