NASA STS-48 films moving object in Space

VRob

Registered Senior Member
This may have been addressed in the past, but I wasn't around then. So, I thought I'd bring it back to hear what people had to say about this video taken from NASA's Shuttle.

Click on the link, then click on the large photo. It will give you the video feed of what the Astronauts videotaped off the horizen of the earth. Very interesting I thought.

http://www.williamson-labs.com/ufo.htm

Here's a better link:
http://www.geocities.com/hyperdigm/sts48.html

Last edited:
yeah, seen it.

There has been a big debate on that, and lets just say that debating apparently won't get anywhere with this. Its either specks of dust or alien craft being what looks like fired upon from earth.

There are others that show specks, but the tether incident from STS probably is the most interesting.

I personally like the one where a glowing small sphere floats by a stationary camera with blinking lights. NASA says the blinking was actually a reflection from the lights on the ship to the spec floating by. But, nothing on the ship in the direction of the speck seems to be blinking.

One interesting aspect to these NASA shuttle video's was very soon after these views hit the public, NASA shut off their live video feed on the NASA Select channel.

VRob said:
One interesting aspect to these NASA shuttle video's was very soon after these views hit the public, NASA shut off their live video feed on the NASA Select channel.

That is right. I used to watch it and found it quite relaxing.

Just seems weird how the thrusters could create such an interesting show of what looks to be a craft several miles away performing an outragious manouver. There is another NASA one that has better visual quality, the same thing happens. The spec stops backs the other way and something looks to be attempting to hit it...., coincidently when the thing flies at it, the spec had already stopped on a dime and went the other way. Thrusters? I am not convinced.

Back