Naming Your Baby

Lykan

Golden Sparkler
Registered Senior Member
I was named after my father, and my father had the same middle name as his father. So my first name is second generation, and my middle name is third generation. I have the exact same title as my father, except i'm "number 2."

Having grown up with this, i just want to say, if you ever have a baby, please give them a unique name. Don't name them after anyone else in the family, ancestor or otherwise. And if you do, then at least give them a middle name that's a hand-me-down and a first name that's their own.

My father saw me to some extent as a miniature version of himself even moreso than most parents do, because i had his name. So i grew up with more expectations from him than my brother did, and given that he's a lot more athletically-inclined than i ever was, this was often very difficult for me. Plus, it isn't fun having someone call both of our names, and we both go to see what they want, and half the time you find out that it wasn't you they were calling to begin with.

So, please take all of this into consideration if you ever have a baby and name them. Thank you.

Maybe we should start a fund for all the badly named children out there? :D

"One donation of 50 cents a day could help out Little Dicky here. Help us fight this debilitating occurence worldwide, just by calling 555-8484, and donating 50 cents a day."

:p In and of itself i like my name, i just don't like having the exact same name as my father.

Have some fun

A misplaced topic that never got moved from its erroneous home is The New and Improved Name Game.

Incidentally, my own name was aesthetic, as far as I can tell. Nobody can tell me what inspired my name other than it seemed like a good idea at the time. In that sense, I suppose I'm lucky.

But take a moment, hit the link; I haven't yet started a naming contest, though I was trying to talk my partner into posting a naming contest at a local tavern, just for kicks. But as it would appear that the Tiassa is reproducing (however ill-advisedly), names are of particular interest right now.

I'm about to put my foot down and name her "Rhythm Earth". We can call her Ryth, Rythe, or something similar for short.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Im named after my aunt that died in a car accident. I guess it took well, since I ended up looking exactly like her.
I named my daughter after 2 Hawaiian words. Kea = which means whte (she was very light skinned, despite having brown parents). And Lani = which means heavan. I was looking for blue heavan since she came out blue, but I couldnt find the Hawaiian word for blue. O well, turned out okay = KeaLani! Beautiful aint it????:D

I am seeing some really nice names today. Both in Tiassa's thread and in stRgrL's post. Wish i had a beautiful name:(

Back