my health (and habit) problem

curioucity

Unbelievable and odd
Registered Senior Member
Hi

Just wanna keep it short. I like cold stuffs: ice creams, cold juices and sorts, even ice! (if my beverage or dessert has ice, I'll crunch em). The problems are:
1) sometimes, when I eat/drink such cold stuffs, I suddenly get minor, short migrain (which is still worse than merely recognizable tho). What does this mean?
2) very so often after I eat those chills, I have a running nose the next day. Even my family agree to say that I am ice-allergic.... Care to explain?
Thanks for replies.

*damn, where's that tissue box......*

I have read that wanting to crunch ice maybe a symptom of anemia; ask you doctor for a blood test.

hypewaders, thanks for the link, tho I just read it and need time to digest it. Still, the extra links are interesting (the suggestions, Q&A, theories)

And candy.... ummmmm, I am surprised that it's possible. But one thing is, I have started crunching ice even before teen age. Still, thanks for the info and suggestion anyway...

eatting "cold" foods near sleep time can have a affect on your sleep paterns and even affect your dreams. I say if you like your cool drinks AND deserts, try having them atleast 3 hours before bedtime

a slight change in body tempurature can actully affect sleep parterns or dreams.....

i once had a dream when i was at a friends house, i did not drink that night, but slept in a friends tent, durining the night the temp droped LARGEly and i was not comfterable.... i do however remeber the weird dreams i had during that night... much like the weird dreams i have have after a night of drinking.

during sleep many things can affect your brain wether you know it or now. i was once having a dream and the smoke alarm in my house went off, for 5 minutes the sound of the smoke alarm was incorperated into my dream... it was weird...

however.

eatting colder food near your bed time can have the same affect... when body tempurture drops even slighty, anything can happen to you

it is such a weird topic... i wish someone would study it....
for example... how much time should you have after you ate something before you went to bed..... or.... does excersive help your changes of sleeping better or would eatting something after you excersized THEN going to sleep, be better....

its all about the mystery of the human body.... and we might never undertsand how each indivdual works.... but all we can do for now, is wonder....

curioucity said:
Hi

Just wanna keep it short. I like cold stuffs: ice creams, cold juices and sorts, even ice! (if my beverage or dessert has ice, I'll crunch em). The problems are:
1) sometimes, when I eat/drink such cold stuffs, I suddenly get minor, short migrain (which is still worse than merely recognizable tho). What does this mean?
2) very so often after I eat those chills, I have a running nose the next day. Even my family agree to say that I am ice-allergic.... Care to explain?
Thanks for replies.

*damn, where's that tissue box......*

1. It is a called a brain freeze. You get it because when you eat cold stuff, it stimulates the nerves in the top of your mouth that go to the brain. In this processes it also expands and contracts the blood vessels on the front of your head.
http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20020815.html

2. It may be a your bodys reaction to having that huge pain.

Last edited:
Canadian, thanks for the info! Looks like I fall into the problem you posted (i.e. I often eat ice cream before bed... tho I've never had odd dreams for that...)

and Jared, thanks for confirming, but your answer to my question 2) (plus the link) seem to relate better to the first q.

curioucity said:
Canadian, thanks for the info! Looks like I fall into the problem you posted (i.e. I often eat ice cream before bed... tho I've never had odd dreams for that...)

and Jared, thanks for confirming, but your answer to my question 2) (plus the link) seem to relate better to the first q.

oh yea, that link was ment for the first one. *edits*

Back