My alien experience

fadingCaptain

are you a robot?
Valued Senior Member
Last night I lay in bed, pondering the wonders of the universe:
-I thought of the fact that there are likely an incredible amount of other worlds which have fostered the development of life.
-I thought it is also likely that many of these worlds have had time to develop advanced forms of life.
-I then thought of the high probability that many lifeforms had far surpassed our current civilization many eons ago.

After thinking about these things I had a revelation:
-There have been countless times other lifeforms have pondered on the fact that life elsewhere in the universe exists.
-It is even possible that at that very moment I was contemplating these thoughts, another lifeform somewhere far far away was having the same thoughts.

I felt a sort of comfort and connection knowing this possiblity.

That is my alien experience. And though it is probably the closest I will ever come to contacting other intelligent life, it will suffice.

:)

My Alien Experience

While sitting along the banks of the Rio Grande, I noticed two Mexican men swimming across. They climbed up the bank and asked me for directions to freedom. I pointed my thumb over my shoulder and said, "That-a-way."

fadingCaptain:
"I then thought of the high probability that many lifeforms had far surpassed our current civilization many eons ago. "

Why would you think this is such a high probability? Why do all believers in aliens think we are so inferior? What if WE are the most advanced species in the Galaxy? Perhaps in time, we will be the ones flying UFOs around a world whose inhabitants ponder these same questions. Someone has to be first, why shuldn't it be us? Lacking any real, concrete evidence, I say WE ARE the ones on top!

While sitting along the banks of the Rio Grande, I noticed two Mexican men swimming across. They climbed up the bank and asked me for directions to freedom. I pointed my thumb over my shoulder and said, "That-a-way."
:D

heyya all :)

yo Giskard...
quote...
Lacking any real, concrete evidence, I say WE ARE the ones on top!
=====
...though it would be prudent on a scientific bassis we need to be able to interpret all many forms of data and thus to assume there are varieties that we can only percieve part/or perrameters of...

and thus...
left with a question of "how much to ignore"?
this is the need for teaching the laws of society in relation to the universe on a base level...!
it helps determine a safe guide line untill we are psychologicaly able to cope with another species "out of" our own vibrational Familiarity.
which is better?
the rock or the stick.
hence... ?

groove on all :)

Last edited:
(Q), that was probably the funniest comment I have heard all day.

As for the topic, I was thinking along similar lines as well.

Back