Muslim Spain and European Culture.

Green_World

Banned
Banned
By: Dean Derhak

When you think of European culture, one of the first things that may come to your mind is the renaissance. Many of the roots of European culture can be traced back to that glorious time of art, science, commerce and architecture. But did you know that long before the renaissance there was a place of humanistic beauty in Muslim Spain? Not only was it artistic, scientific and commercial, but it also exhibited incredible tolerance , imagination and poetry. Moors, as the Spaniards call the Muslims, populated Spain for nearly 700 years. As you'll see, it was their civilization that enlightened Europe and brought it out of the dark ages to usher in the renaissance. Many of their cultural and intellectual influences still live with us today......(read more):

http://www.xmission.com/~dderhak/index/moors.htm

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
it is a shame then that the incredible tolerance is not displayed anymore by modern muslim states (in general)

Generalization is the tool of the fool, you are not fool my friend.

there are 54 Muslim country with 1.3 BILLION muslim around the globe, to suggest that IN GENERAL all these states and all these 1.3 BILLION muslims are not tolerant is totally unfair.

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
there seem to be 2 billion christians.

Dont divert the attention from the main issue in your reponse which was generalization( generalization is the tool of the fools)

Anyway, I have no more time anymore, today is our Muslim holidy( friday) and I would like to spend it praying and contemplating the wonders of his infinite Majesty( ALLAH)'s creation.

I will not be able to answer in the weekend because I will be answering the 70+ E-mails that I have recived since wednesday.

Have a nice warm weekend.

:)

Back