Muslim Satisfaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceAgeCivilizations

Banned
Banned
So why would anybody want to become a Muslim?

What inner satisfaction is derived from obeying the instructions in the Koran and Hadith, what sense of purpose does Islam give you, what is the goal of Islam, according to the clerics, and how do you Muslims say that human history will progress in the near future?

And how do you know that you're good enough to get to Allah's heaven?

This thread's for you Sam, please respond to those questions, I'm sure we're all anxious to read what you'll have to say, if you have anything to say.

Will this be another no comment?

So why would anybody want to become a Muslim?

What inner satisfaction is derived from obeying the instructions in the Koran and Hadith, what sense of purpose does Islam give you, what is the goal of Islam, according to the clerics, and how do you Muslims say that human history will progress in the near future?

And how do you know that you're good enough to get to Allah's heaven?

Personally speaking, I find Islam to be a simple religion with a philosophical ethos that mirrors my own.

There are no "instructions" in the Quran or Hadith, there are guidelines to help live your life. There is no "goal" in Islam except to live a good life, clerics are for guidance not instruction, the burden of education is upon you.

Human history will progress as it may, that is not a concern, we study the world and its components as a way to learn more about the universe, which is in a constant state of flux, and hence provides an unending arena for study.

How do you practice to be a Muslim?

There are many ways to "practise" being a Muslim. One who is devout will follow all the five pillars of faith religiously: these are shahadah, prayer, fasting, pilgrimage and zakat; in reality, however, prayer and fasting tend to be sacrificed to routine schedules and zakat and/or pilgrimage is a bigger concern. The shahadah is all that is required to qualify as a Muslim, if you believe in God and accept that Muhammed was a messenger, you are a Muslim (even if you are a practising Christian or Jew)

There are many ways to "practise" being a Muslim. One who is devout will follow all the five pillars of faith religiously: these are shahadah, prayer, fasting, pilgrimage and zakat; in reality, however, prayer and fasting tend to be sacrificed to routine schedules and zakat and/or pilgrimage is a bigger concern. The shahadah is all that is required to qualify as a Muslim, if you believe in God and accept that Muhammed was a messenger, you are a Muslim (even if you are a practising Christian or Jew)

do you believe that story about Muhammad riding a horse with wings and then climbed to the sky using a rope where he met Jesus and Abraham(or was it moses)?

do you believe that story about Muhammad riding a horse with wings and then climbed to the sky using a rope where he met Jesus and Abraham(or was it moses)?

Al-Miraj? According to ayat 60 in Surat al-Isra, it was a vision.:)

So why do Muslims talk about the mahdi so much? He's the one who will supposedly usher in Allah as the god of this world.

Frankly I have never come across any Muslims who talk about the mahdi, I had heard about it, but its not a hot topic of discussion.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back