Mr. Kook goes to Mars...

How long until some Kook makes another claim?

• Today...They have been dreaming about it all night, and it came to them in their sleep.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Tomorrow...The photos will be released once they get home and practice their photoshop skills.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • In a few days....They are waiting for someone to make the claim first, so they won't look stupid whe

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Never...There are no large ROCKS where Opportunity is...no artifacts to see.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TredLightly

Registered Senior Member
The MER Opportunity has been on the Martian surface for over twenty four hours now. Indications are that it is in full health and is sending back a wealth of information and pictures...So, how long do you think it will be before some kook starts to see "artifacts" buried in the sand?

Last edited:
My estimation is less than 30 minutes. I bet they are upset that Beagle isn't working currently.

Hehe...Damn, that was fast. I hadn't even finished posting the poll before someone answered. Obviously a hot, and sore, topic.

"So, how long do you think it will be before some kook starts to see "artifacts" buried in the sand?"
=============================================================
Obviously not as long as it takes for the trolls to start licking their chops.

craterchains (Norval said:
,,,,, and if an artifact is found, how would you like your CROW cooked?

A well done broil, crispy skin and seasoned with Montreal Spice.

In a previous thread, I made it well known that if Fluid could have produced some actual evidence of artifacts (instead of pointing to a picture and claiming it was altered), then I would eat my own words and admit his theory had possibility. In fact, I challenged him to so. I called him out..and of course, he refuses to respond (then again, it could be because he is in some serious trouble with his employer).

I don't have a problem admitting that I am wrong, if indeed I am so. To that defense, no one has proved that to be so with actual evidence.

TredLightly, it is clear you have no concept of the advance rock-based-technology that awaits us in the future and that the Martians exploited in full. Of course, when their civilization fell the ruins it left behind looked like nothing more than fields full of rocks, but that is only because our primitive earth bound science has yet to grasp the epoch of lithotech.

I thought Lithotech was a game engine made by monolith. (Its visuals were clearly inferior to those sent back by Spirit/Opportunity, so don't even try.)

2inquisitive said:
"So, how long do you think it will be before some kook starts to see "artifacts" buried in the sand?"
=============================================================
Obviously not as long as it takes for the trolls to start licking their chops.

Took the words right out of my keyboard 2inquisitive.

A new tactic, let's attack the posters before they even post.

This is the fluid1959 venting thread, where several people totally freak out and lose their marbles because fluid pisses them off so much with his idiotic pictures. It would be fair to say that I already flew off the handle in one of fluid's threads, so I feel relatively calm now. It is worthy to note that fluid crossposted his pics to "General Science", where they didn't belong... so he probably managed to annoy a lot of people.

Correct me if I am wrong boys.

Your are correct, Sir...yes Sir.

In reality, I started this thread to bring the fight back to those delusional minds...To let them know that I refuse to join their little club. My mailbox has recently been caught in an onslaught of emails, from kook headquarters, with more pictures trying to prove that rocks are more then rocks. The funny thing is, these individuals can only quote each other in some circular reasoning dependent on what the other has said. It is getting frustrating.

TredLightly said:
Your are correct, Sir...yes Sir.

In reality, I started this thread to bring the fight back to those delusional minds.... It is getting frustrating.

If it's getting so frustrating for you, why do you continue to initiate the fight? :confused:

VRob said:
If it's getting so frustrating for you, why do you continue to initiate the fight? :confused:

Oh, because I am painfully stubborn. I had no intention of ever getting into this debate at first. Of course, that was before Fluid posted one too many images with one too many outrageous claims.

Frankly, I want some resolution to this. My intelligence was insulted on more then one occasion before I ever began to get personal with threads such as this. If there is some real evidence, then show it. If I am too "dumb" ("you are either too dumb or too blind") to see it, then tell me. No more of this highlighting BS...real evidence, other then their claims. I, going back to being stubborn, want my original questions answered. If they can not do this...then they need to admit that their theory has no foundation other then their personal belief.

"A theory based on personal belief alone, with no foundation in the empirical methods, is not a theory....it is Philosophy"

Hey if you think that fluid is bad, just wait until people start seeing the virgin marry in mars rocks, then the shit is really gonna' hit the fan. We’ll have hoards of Catholics demanding that NASA fund a manned pilgrimage to mars, and when they decline all the kooks on the web will use it as proof that NASA is trying to cover up the reality of Alien Jesus.

TredLightly said:
If there is some real evidence, then show it. If I am too "dumb" ("you are either too dumb or too blind") to see it, then tell me. No more of this highlighting BS...real evidence, other then their claims. I, going back to being stubborn, want my original questions answered. If they can not do this...then they need to admit that their theory has no foundation other then their personal belief. [/I]

What was your original question that you'd like answered?

Honestly I will it admit that the questions I sought answers to are not really so much as questions...as they are parameters for what would constitute proof that the NASA photos had been edited to hide something.

A quote from my second post under the thread Proof Nasa Lies "Mars Coverup--literally":

"You claim that this is all proof of editing, but you have yet to show any minimal evidence to the "fact". Show me unnatural uniformity of color. Show me unmatched pixilation of natural borders or shade. Show me any object that casts a shadow in opposition to that of light position, source, terrain, and surrounding objects.You NEED to give us some form of evidence that will take a stand against rational scrutiny."

and to that, I got the response; "If you can not see that there are artifacts here, then you are either too dumb or blind to see them". (Note, this is what I remember of the response. I can not give an exact quote because Fluid went back and deleted most of his comments).

Anyway, to some it up: If someone is going to become so hostile and irrationally defensive over what they claim to be empirical evidence...then show some real empirical evidence in defence of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back