Most Beautiful Thing......

Cactus Jack

Death Knight of Northrend
Registered Senior Member
What is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? For me it was lying on my back in the snow looking at stars two christmases ago, that and this girl I know. Shes incredible.......

Anyway, any other thoughts?

Trees, The Forests, with everything that belongs to it. :) Being in a Forest and just listening to the Forest speak...

Going out into the Forests by a (full) Moon and see the Stars through the crowns of the Trees. Looking at the Clouds and the Sky by day. Thunder and Lightning. Snow glittering in the Sun and nobody around to disturb the special silence that's always there, when the Snow's just been falling. So much beauty on this Earth to make you feel in total peace with yourself and Nature. :)Too much to mention here...

Most beautiful thing, huh? Lindsey (blank). Not to be confused with the girl that cactus likes.

Forest, Nature, Stars and ALL...

FEMALE ENERGIES!!!!

Melissa is fabulous... she is really pretty... :)

Love,
Nelson

Once on holiday in Sitges in spain I walked back to my hotel and before going inside walked along a man made jetty made up of huge boulders. It was about midnight and the skies were clear and full of stars. The waves crashed over the rocks just a few feet from where I sat and it was a wonderful, special, private time. Thanks for reminding me :D

Other lovely things include:

Driving thru the local park at dawn when the mist flows over the lake (I'll try to get a pic soon!))

My Boy!

Oh and straight boys being obviously uncomfortable with my sexuality... It's so funny!! :D

Ahhh ...

Like your partner of the evening waking up with a smile ...

'Specially if a sunbeam is lighting their face.

Almost as beautiful: A pair of sunny-side-up eggs.

Take care ;)

The nude beauty contest at Cap d'Age - the only nudist city in the world. The mediteranian attracts some of the most beautiful people in the world.

Looking down into the Alps during a steep banking turn as the aircraft weaved between the mountains during the approach to Innsbruck (Austria). The plane was a private 10 seater twin-prop.

Totally breath-taking.

The eery effect created by the black mountains of the Scottish Highlands during a midnight drive along a lonely and deserted mountain road with only moonlight for illumination.

This generated a very real emotional effect - an effect I have not experienced since then (1994).

truthseeker,

You are still to find yourself within Nature, Cris...
Is that a question, a statement, or a judgement. I suspect the later in which case butt out kid, you have no idea of the things I have seen and experienced. Your comment is unwelcome and incredibly ignorant.

I hike the giant redwood forests almost weekly, I feel at home there.

Try lying on your back at midnight just outside the Grand Canyon and watch the shooting stars. With virtually no artifical light polution the view is superb and the stars are brilliant.

Have you tried the hikes at Yosemite - see my picture in the pictures thread in site feedback.

How about Niagara Falls from the Canadian side?

Have you ever stood naked in the torrential rain of an intense thunder storm in the heat of a summer day? One of the most invigorating and beautiful experiences you can have.

I can list many many more.

The world is a very beautiful place and it is why I want to live and continue to live to enjoy it for as long as I possibly can, and from any and every conceivable perspective.

Cris

How about Niagara Falls from the Canadian side?

Oh gawd, some fuckwit took it into thier empty head to put lighting under the damn things! They light them up at night! :mad:

Pictured Rocks, in Upper Michigan. Beautiful place....the water is so pure there that it is actually blue - I mean really blue. And the geologic formations are astounding!

Speaking of the U.P, there was one time...

After a huge storm had just devastated a beach along lake Superior, and there were trees uprooted, the strata of the sand was showing....the whole landscape was beautifully violant....anyways.

The Northern Lights were really strong on this summer night, really bright, and somwhat patchy. I could see the stars through the patches....and there was a meteor shower - Leonids -....it was so utterly alien and lovely.

Or a small radio telescope that the U of M owns, 30 or so miles from where I live. Right near a woods. I would hike up to it at night and listen to the 'whirr' ing noises it made and look at the stars. So calming.

Hale-Bopp. I had the extreme good fortune to be living in the country when it came around, and the air was so clear that I could see two of its tails unaided. The third took binoculars.

I'm sure you all have cute girlfriends, but even if you are dating Xenia Seeberg, they can't compare.

Oh yes, and Pachenbel's Canon in D. And Beethovan's Ninth.

Sushi!,
Xev

Ahh Beethoven,

Nice.

I even had the 6th played during my wedding in place of the usual wedding march.

And lights behind the falls - the fools.

The Sixth, Cris? Truely an unfairly neglected composition!

Indeed, I went to the Falls last summer. Gaudy neon pink and green lights. How horrible.

But if you go again, you must, MUST take the little 'Maid of the Mist' tour that goes close to the Falls. Do it without the little complimentery ponchos, and let the water soak your clothes and skin. I did (only person on the boat that did, the wimps!) and was grinning for the rest of the day.

No small feat, as I had chosen to wear 3-inch platforms whist traipsing around Niagra city. Owww.

Sushi!,
Xev

Hmmm,

But Celestial Soda Pop is pretty good as well. First heard that after a hike up and down mount Tamalpais (circa 1990).

It seems I often connect certain music to places or things. Guess many people do that.

I kept playing Basket of Light by The Pentangle all the time I was reading Asimov's foundation series for the first time (circa 1968), and now I always link the two.

Sorry my turn to ramble.

If you want to hear the most beautiful thing ever for me not visualy but emotional stirring. (like the best time in my life) I went to a Richie Havens concert at this incredible place in my home town. Through the whole thing I was smiling - I never done that before. He just emits pure emotion and really loves what hesdoing. I want that feeling again, and I've searched for it.

Thanx for all the replies and keep them coming.

And yes the world really is a beautiful place, no matter what.

Xev,

But if you go again, you must, MUST take the little 'Maid of the Mist' tour that goes close to the Falls. Do it without the little complimentery ponchos, and let the water soak your clothes and skin. I did (only person on the boat that did, the wimps!) and was grinning for the rest of the day.
LOL, LOL, Yes I did exactly the same thing – and it was in the middle of a heat wave, but the spray was still cold but oh so invigorating. All I wore were shorts and open toed sandals. I would have loved to take off the shorts as well, and was really tempted – perhaps next time, if you join me. :D

:D

New Order's 'Elegia' is stunning. I had it on tape once and would listen while stargazing.

I connect music to people and places too. The interesting thing is - I somtimes connect a person's favored music to their personality. You can almost see a person in thier taste in music....

Cris: But of course. I would love to do it again, next time in less.

*Gloats*

Pity how men aren't allowed as much leeway when it comes to showing skin. :)

Sushi!,
Xev

Back