More on Urantia

Lenny

Registered Senior Member
I have done more research on the Urantia Cult. Unless you are strongly grounded in your own faith I recommend that you do not read their book. Like most cult literature it is full of semantic double talk that sounds enough like mainstream Judio-Christian teaching to fool the reader into believing that it isn't all that different form the faith of their fathers. Believe me, It is very different! Urantiaism is a very dangerous mix of junk science and junk religion. It is just the kind of cult that compels “true believers” to don running shoes and drink lethal quantities of strychnine in an effort to join their creator as he passes by on the tail of an inbound comet.
You can find an excellent and scholarly presentation on Urantia from the Christian perspective at the following web site:
http://www.ezlink.com/~trbranch/urantia.htm

------------------
The sky is not the limit, nor are the stars.

[This message has been edited by Lenny (edited August 14, 2000).]

should'nt this be placed under religious debate???..............jsut a thoguht

------------------
when christianity ruled the world, it was called the dark ages!

Originally posted by dexter:
should'nt this be placed under religious debate???..............jsut a thoguht

You are absolutely correct! My apologies...

I was actually trying to get Paul's attention. I sent him an e-mail and requested that we move our discussion but he ignored it. As far as I am concerned it is time for EOT.

If anyone should care to respond I suggest private e-mail.

------------------
The sky is not the limit, nor are the stars.

Dear Lenny:
I am sorry about your e-mail request. I ahve totally forgot about it. If you wish to continue an online debate or discussion, I have no problems with that.
it is totally expected to find derragatory things on these christian web sites. Urantia book and the foundation totally represent a threat to thier status quo and the power they hold over the masses. Remember knowledge
is power and the control over it retains the power. Hell man the catholic church wanted to burn Galleleo for what he knew because he could upset their staus quo. The things he had proposed were no more out of mainstream thinking than the Urantia book.If there had been this posting site back then you would have said the same ting about him that you are saying to me, think about that. Any way e-mail me again, ok?
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Paul/Machiaventa

[This message has been edited by paul defourneaux (edited August 16, 2000).]

Back