Do you:

• Take it.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Pass it up.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Thoreau

Valued Senior Member
You’re trying to get tickets for your favorite concert which will sell out in 15 minutes. The only parking spot left is a handicap spot and you're not handicapped. Do you take the spot or pass it up and hope that another will open up?

1. i don't go to concerts, so i wouldn't give a shit
2. stealing a handicap spot's pretty low
3. i ride a bike, there's always somewhere to park

I'd probably park there for the 15 mins (or less) it took me to get the tickets then move the car some other place. I'd gamble that no disabled people would need it for that time period and also that no ticketing officers would fine me :p. Any longer than 15 mins and I'd start to feel bad about it though. Actually maybe I'd just double park instead, if I could do so in a sensible way that didn't inconvenience everyone. The other drivers are probably in the concert so they aren't going anywhere.

You’re trying to get tickets for your favorite concert which will sell out in 15 minutes. The only parking spot left is a handicap spot and you're not handicapped. Do you take the spot or pass it up and hope that another will open up?

pass it up.

I don't take it. I park elsewhere and scream at my husband for driving so damn slow. LOL
No, I just park elsewhere and run

I'd pass it up, the fine is pretty hefty.
On a side note, where I live there is a ridiculous number of handicap spots and hardly any is ever used. So I wouldn't feel that guilty for parking on one.

Pass it up.....

Do you know what the fines are here for parking in a handicapped zone, not worth it. I couldn't enjoy the concert because I would be so stressed out the whole time for parking there.

Is there a ridiculous amount of handicap spots, that are hardly ever used, where you live as well?

I don't know about ridiculous but let's use Walmart for instance. There is probably about 6 and I hardly ever see anyone in them. I noticed they have also made a few spots next to those for mother's with baby or expecting. I guess if you had a huge gut you could always say you're pregnant...lol

I don't know about ridiculous but let's use Walmart for instance. There is probably about 6 and I hardly ever see anyone in them. I noticed they have also made a few spots next to those for mother's with baby or expecting. I guess if you had a huge gut you could always say you're pregnant...lol

Really? lol For pregnant people? Sjees!
With ridiculous amount I mean that there are significantly more than are ever used.
I think it's kind of asocial to have that many handicap spots if they aren't used, especially when parking spots are in really high demand.
We really have too many cars and too few parking spots here. And the parking fees are ridiculous as well! :mad:

...I think it's kind of asocial to have that many handicap spots if they aren't used, especially when parking spots are in really high demand. ...

so handicapped people have to be shopping at the exact same time as you?? :confused:

Really? lol For pregnant people? Sjees!
With ridiculous amount I mean that there are significantly more than are ever used.
I think it's kind of asocial to have that many handicap spots if they aren't used, especially when parking spots are in really high demand.
We really have too many cars and too few parking spots here. And the parking fees are ridiculous as well! :mad:

Well if you go to downtown Toronto or any touristy area like Niagara Falls it is a joke. They pretty much rape you when it comes to parking fees. The thing is they know they pretty much got you unless you are going to park out in the boon docks. I am on the outskirts of Toronto so they don't really charge for parking out where I am.

The thing that pisses me off is when they charge parking fees at places like the ZOO or Canada's Wonderland (theme park) etc. You have no other choice then to park in their lot and they charge an arm and a leg already for admission prices. I think the parking should be included in the admission price. They are just raping you by adding another 5.00-10.00 to park! :mad:

Well if you go to downtown Toronto or any touristy area like Niagara Falls it is a joke. They pretty much rape you when it comes to parking fees. The thing is they know they pretty much got you unless you are going to park out in the boon docks. I am on the outskirts of Toronto so they don't really charge for parking out where I am.
Well, I'm talking about the parking spots at the mall. Anywhere else is free of charge usually. But it's a looong fucking walk from a free parking spot to the mall and back, especially if you are going to do the weeks shopping.

The thing that pisses me off is when they charge parking fees at places like the ZOO or Canada's Wonderland (theme park) etc. You have no other choice then to park in their lot and they charge an arm and a leg already for admission prices. I think the parking should be included in the admission price. They are just raping you by adding another 5.00-10.00 to park! :mad:
Yep, they do that here too at most parks. Not all though.

Well, I'm talking about the parking spots at the mall. Anywhere else is free of charge usually. But it's a looong fucking walk from a free parking spot to the mall and back, especially if you are going to do the weeks shopping.

Yep, they do that here too at most parks. Not all though.

Parking spots at the mall are free here.

Do you have to pay to park at all malls there? How much do they charge?
I think it's about one dollar (edit: no, it's more like 1.40USD) per hour. Which is relatively low to be honest. In Amsterdam it's at least 7 dollars and not only at the mall.

You know where else they charge a lot to park, at the hospital.
I think the hospital here charges for parking spots as well but I wouldn't know how much.

Last edited:
Back