Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits, turns to Hollywood!

Ganymede

Valued Senior Member
NASA released the first glimpses of a complete digital make-over of the original landing footage that clarifies the blurry and grainy images of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walking on the surface of the moon.

The full set of recordings, being cleaned up by Burbank, California-based Lowry Digital, will be released in September. The preview is available at http://www.nasa.gov.

NASA admitted in 2006 that no one could find the original video recordings of the July 20, 1969, landing.

Since then, Richard Nafzger, an engineer at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Centre in Maryland, who oversaw television processing at the ground-tracking sites during the Apollo 11 mission, has been looking for them.

The good news is he found where they went. The bad news is they were part of a batch of 200,000 tapes that were degaussed

-- magnetically erased -- and re-used to save money.

"The goal was live TV," Nafzger told a news conference.

"We should have had a historian running around saying 'I don't care if you are ever going to use them -- we are going to keep them'," he said.

They found good copies in the archives of CBS news and some recordings called kinescopes found in film vaults at Johnson Space Centre.

Lowry, best known for restoring old Hollywood films, has been digitizing these along with some other bits and pieces to make a new rendering of the original landing.

Nafzger does not worry that using a Hollywood-based company might fuel the fire of conspiracy theorists who believe the entire lunar program that landed people on the moon six times between 1969 and 1972 was staged on a movie set or secret military base.

"This company is restoring historic video. It mattered not to me where the company was from," Nafzger said.

"The conspiracy theorists are going to believe what they are going to believe," added Lowry Digital Chief Operating Officer Mike Inchalik.

And there may be some unofficial copies of the original broadcast out there somewhere that were taken from a NASA video switching centre in Sydney, Australia, the space agency said. Nafzger said someone else in Sydney made recordings too.

"These tapes are not in the system," Nafzge

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20090716/tsc-uk-nasa-tapes-sb-a337f0f.html

So, the greatest accomplishment in exploration history was erased by Nasa? Bullshit. This thing stinks to high heaven.

So, the greatest accomplishment in exploration history was erased by Nasa? Bullshit. This thing stinks to high heaven.

Why the hell would this aid a cover-up? The footage exists absolutely everywhere. We can still watch footage of the Apollo 11 missions today.

conspiracynew.jpg

It was funny how the OP started up, and no one bit, so Gany had to write back in to bump it up. :D It happened. Now deal.

No, what he is saying is that NASA lies, they re-touch images, and they are hiding stuff. And this is true, I agree with him. I don't think he ever stated that he thought that the moon landings were "faked."

Likewise, NASA has admitted to faking some photographs in a studio, why? Why would they do this?

The astronauts themselves are on record as saying that SOME of the missions landed on the moon.

And we believe them. My question is, when the astronauts say other things, why is it the press and the public IGNORE them?

Did Apollo 11 Encounter UFOs on the Moon?
from the Book "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good

According to hitherto unconfirmed reports, both Neil
Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin saw UFOs shortly after that
historic landing on the Moon in Apollo 11 on 21 July 1969. I
remember hearing one of the astronauts refer to a "light" in
or on a crater during the television transmission, followed by
a request from mission control for further information. Nothing
more was heard.

According to a former NASA employee Otto Binder, unnamed
radio hams with their own VHF receiving facilities that bypassed
NASA's broadcasting outlets picked up the following exchange:

NASA: Whats there?
Mission Control calling Apollo 11...

Apollo11: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous!
OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it!
I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there,
Lined up on the far side of the crater edge!
They're on the Moon watching us!

In 1979 Maurice Chatelain, former chief of NASA
Communications Systems confirmed that Armstrong had indeed
reported seeing two UFOs on the rim of a crater. "The encounter
was common knowledge in NASA," he revealed, "but nobody has
talked about it until now."

Soviet scientists were allegedly the first to confirm
the incident. "According to our information, the encounter
was reported immediately after the landing of the module," said
Dr. Vladimir Azhazha, a physicist and Professor of
Mathematics at Moscow University. "Neil Armstrong relayed the
message to Mission Control that two large, mysterious objects
were watching them after having landed near the moon module.
But his message was never heard by the public - because NASA
censored it. "According to another Soviet scientist, Dr.
Aleksandr Kazantsev, Buss Aldrin took color movie film of the
UFOs from inside the module, and continued filming them after
he and Armstrong went outside. Dr. Azhazha claims that the
UFOs departed minutes after the astronauts came out on to the
lunar surface.

Maurice Chatelain also confirmed that Apollo 11's
radio transmissions were interrupted on several occasions in
order to hide the news from the public.

You are right Ganymede, something "stinks to high heaven," and it's the fact that it is easier for NASA to reproduce and fake all the information they had, than to just go through the MOUNTAINS of information and censor it all for alien activity.

Further more. . .

Rumors persist. NASA may well be a civilian agency, but
many of its programs are funded by the defence budget and most
of the astronauts are subject to military security regulations.
Apart from the fact that the National Security Agency screens
all films and probably radio communications as well. We have the
statements by Otto Binder, Dr. Garry Henderson and Maurice
Chatelain that the astronauts were under strict orders not to
discuss their sightings. And Gordon Cooper has testified to a
United Nations committee that one of the astronauts actually
witnessed a UFO on the ground. If there is no secrecy, why has
this sighting not been made public?

A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was
engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA
symposium.
Professor: What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?

Armstrong: It was incredible, of course we had always
known there was a possibility, the fact is,
we were warned off!(by the Aliens). There was
never any question then of a space station or a
moon city.

Professor: How do you mean "warned off"?

Armstrong: I can't go into details, except to say that
their ships were far superior to ours both in
size and technology - Boy, were they
big!...and menacing!
No, there is no question of a space station.
Professor: But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?

Armstrong: Naturally - NASA was committed at that time,
and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really
was a quick scoop and back again.

Armstrong confirmed that the story was true but refused to
go into further detail, beyond admitting that the CIA was behind
the cover-up.

For instance, why, whenever we usually get pictures back from NASA, do they always mess with the original colors in them? What purpose does that serve?

Original coloration image from Galileo Spacecraft on its way to Jupiter:
Moon_Color_Galileo_02_PIA00405.jpg

Wow, what happened to the black and white?
Here's an image put together by an amateur's high powered telescope, composite of 170 separate images and has been assembled so that you cannot see the separation lines as the images are overlapped.
Warning the big picture is 15 megabytes, but well worth it.
The 100% image is over 90 megabytes and is not currently available for release for copyright reasons.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/Moon7/Full_Moon/Moon_Mosaic_80_lrg.png

Ok, here is the original Earth rising over the Moon that NASA presented to the public:
ISD_highres_AS11_AS11-44-6552Small.png

And now here is the one they have posted today:
ftp://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ISD_highres_AS11_AS11-44-6552.JPG(It's really neat, I recommend zooming in:))

Did Apollo 11 Encounter UFOs on the Moon?
from the Book "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good
Unfortunately Timothy Good is a fantasist and not exactly a, um, rigorous thinker or researcher.
I personally wouldn't trust anything from him, having read a couple of his deeply-flawed books.

Edit: One classic example of his "thinking" is illustrated here in the last couple of paragraphs (starting at "Hmm, okay.")

Last edited:

:roflmao: Fair enough good sir, you amuse me. Rather than refutations, I get ad hominem and silliness. None the less, it is an adequate point.

However, I pose to you THIS point, that the reverse is EQUALLY true, and that is the "cult of no." It is the straight jacketed mind. The person that only believes, and only accepts the paradigm of reality that is governed by consensus agreement. Moreover, things have gotten to a point that it has become even more dangerous in our society than ever it was before. In the past, when religions were the gate keepers of all thought, people knew that there were multiple religions, so that multiple points of view were posible.

Now? Religion and spirituality are bunk, science and materiality, objective reality is god. So, who decides what objective reality is? Apparently the government and the corporations do.

What are the motives of the governments and the corporations? Is it the truth? I submit to you that it is not. People on this board/forum, have this utter and complete misunderstanding that the press and government, just because we live in a free society, are going to give them what the truth is. Is this in their interest? I suggest to you that it is not, and we do not really have an adequate grasp on what is going on.

Our idea of our place in the universe, what is going on, what the other planets are like, our technological capabilities, indeed, even the history of our species, is completely unknown to us. We would like to think, all of us normal, everyday educated scabs, that our consensus reality, IS THE TRUTH. But why would it be? Is there any reason to believe it is?

I say there isn't. Why? Because every damn day I uncover anomilies, like the statements I listed. Fine, you want to impugn the author that has reported them? Go ahead, Google the quotes. . . he isn't the only one that has them attributed. The people that said them are still living and there is no denial on record that these people have ever said these things.

Here, you want some MORE quotes by very famous and respected people?
http://www.mega-genius.com/editorial_no_23.htm
This is by a certified genius, he's taken every intelligence test ever devised. His research is thorough. I don't care if you believe, or if you don't. He KNEW some of the people that said these things.

You're right, I am a little quick to be suspicious of the reality that my lying government and my greedy corporate influenced media has constructed for me. I am not sure of the knowledge I learned in my government run primary and secondary schools, nor I am completely convince that the State run Universities, supported by corporate endowments and the foundations of the elites that run society are entirely organized to teach the plebeians the truth either. I don't know, I kind of LIKE civilization, it would be nice to not have it self destruct because of the short sight-sighted selfish motivations of elites members of these sectors of our society. I am well read and well educated enough to know what their interests are and what motivates them, it isn't the truth. Is it so wrong to question our knowledge? :shrug:

What about you? Why do you think all these "kooks" exist? How come you never ask "why?" Afraid of what you might find out? Afraid you can't handle the, "what if?"

Just to clarify, I KNOW WE LANDED ON THE MOON. Pay attention, ok?

For instance, why, whenever we usually get pictures back from NASA, do they always mess with the original colors in them? What purpose does that serve?

Yeah! And why do they go and colourise old black-and-white movies? They can't fool me. I've seen the black-and-white version and I know that it existed.

wizoz_judy&toto_pubstill.jpg

But now Hollywood thinks they can just release a colour version of the movie and we won't notice?

wizoz_all4.jpg

How stupid do they think we are? This stinks to high heaven. And what did they do to Buddy Ebsen???!?

Buddy_Ebsen_Tin_Man.jpg

Buddy Ebsen was originally cast as the Tin Man. Ebsen fell ill due to contaminates in the makeup he wore for the role and was replaced by Jack Haley two weeks into shooting.

No, what he is saying is that NASA lies,
Who is saying that? Ganymede? Certainly not the person cited in the article.

they re-touch images, and they are hiding stuff.
Citation needed.

Likewise, NASA has admitted to faking some photographs in a studio, why? Why would they do this?
Citation needed.

The astronauts themselves are on record as saying that SOME of the missions landed on the moon.
Citation needed.

When you provide the requisite citations, please do not link to a UFO / woo-woo site. The only ones who are making stuff up are the UFO nutcases. The stuff about Armstrong? Fiction. Oberth? Fiction. von Braun? Fiction. These people make this stuff up because silly people believe them, and buy their books.

And we believe them.
Sad. Very sad.

Back