Mirror soul horror

draqon

Banned
Banned
We are a mirror, everything that defines us is that which we take in and reflect. Our parents guide our wishes, unlike to our liberal thoughts that we are control of everything ourselves. After our parents have set free the sculpture of their creation out of stone, we face a new world with other free-minded enforcers on our own will. Just like we are, mirrors accepting light, they reflect that which we reflect back at them.

Films are creations and mirrors created by others like ourselves for us to be defined by these films, for us to reflect back that what we see in these films. Not to judge a book by its cover, but judged by readers reading the book. Open the book of life of our own and it is not hard to see the reflection of the stories we speak of within these films. Yet, not always are these lessons of life understood and even though all mirrors reflect light seemingly the same, after a while we notice the difference in them. Some mirrors are too dim, and some reflect distorting light of shapes in front of them. And so are stories told, although same in essence, differ in explanation and the lesson learned by others from them.

Horror films are in essence the reflections of the mind in despair and stories told that speak of fault in life and tragedy unfolding. Horror in the films are found in many nations producing these stories, to tell us of the fault of life that happens. But from what it seems, some people enjoy seeing horror films, enjoy seeing tragedy and fault in life. Why so? Are they not wrong to be so foolish to themselves?

ringu0.jpg

Last edited:
Not ALL films are mirrors of ourselves. Horror movies are not always representing what reality actually is but only a fictionalized hodge podge of crap that with enough gore, violence and bloodshed seems to make a horror movie what it is. I enjoyed Alfred Hitchcock's movie "Psycho" which had no gory bloodshed or much violence at all but a well constructed story line and fair acting with good directing. It is still fiction as always but in todays horror movies there's little story line , bad acting and tons of blood and violence. Oh we have come a long way in horror movie making...NOT!

Not ALL films are mirrors of ourselves. Horror movies are not always representing what reality actually is but only a fictionalized hodge podge of crap that with enough gore, violence and bloodshed seems to make a horror movie what it is. I enjoyed Alfred Hitchcock's movie "Psycho" which had no gory bloodshed or much violence at all but a well constructed story line and fair acting with good directing. It is still fiction as always but in todays horror movies there's little story line , bad acting and tons of blood and violence. Oh we have come a long way in horror movie making...NOT!

This is the difference between a good writer and a Hack. A good writer will allow a persons imagination to fill in purposely left gaps, where a Hack attempts to direct everything you see, leaving very little for the mind to attempt to fill in.

This is the difference between a good writer and a Hack. A good writer will allow a persons imagination to fill in purposely left gaps, where a Hack attempts to direct everything you see, leaving very little for the mind to attempt to fill in.

This could be said of poetry as well (Not to completely branch off from the OP). A good writer guides the reader's imagination into their reality, an inexperienced or impatient or sloppy writer demands that the reader or viewer experience their reality.

In response to the original OP...I think horror movies reflect the fears we feel as human beings, whether irrational or not. I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying a good horror film. It can be like therapy; facing one's own fears and realizing the diff. between fantasy and reality. I love the adrenaline rush I get from a good, scary movie. I like the intensity and the suspense...blood and guts and violence (when over-done) is just desensitizing and boring. My imagination is much scarier then anything put on rated films. I like scary movies because it allows me to confront what I fear and face it without being physically damaged by it.

Though to be honest...I have this thing about serial killers. I hate them. I'm terrified of them. I'm not talking about common sense, cautious fear (because obviously they do exist, but chances are low that you will be killed by one). I'm talking about an irrational obsessive fear with them (as if "I am sure it will happen to me" type of thing). So, whether you all found the movie stupid or not, the newest version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre scared me so badly that I almost had to leave the theater. I hyperventilated. My fear of serial killers is very real to me (whether irrational or not). It's too hard and complicated to explain why, because that would take forever, but I hate serial killers. I watch the movies to face my fears, confront it head-on...because no matter how real my fear is, when the movie is over, I get to go home to my safe, warm bed and pretend it's all a lie. Yeah. Okay, I'm done. There's my two cents.

So, whether you all found the movie stupid or not, the newest version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre scared me so badly that I almost had to leave the theater

Then if I were you, I really wouldn't be going to horror movies dealing with serial killers or anything similar to them. That way your fears won't take control of you, you will control them.:)

Are the people who watch horror and tragedy films not creating a tragedy of their own life?

Perhaps for a short time. We gotta define horror films from "gorror films" as I call them. Seeing bloody everywhere on the TV isn't scary, its just gross.

Now, if you see a film where suspense is built, and things are truly scary or out of this world, then you have something. Alot of idiots think blood = horror.

If you want to appreciate life, go get scared! Admittedly, nightmares tend to do a better job of this than scary movies.

The Blair Witch Project (a somewhat scary one-time see film) is a good example. IF you can get into it. The film comes close, but it isn't quite what I had hoped.

Back