Mexico the hub of Meteor Disaster Research for ET?

Unknown_user

Registered Senior Member
It just occured to me that the meteor largely believed to be the one that took out the dinasoars is in Yucaton, Mexico. is around the same general area as the latest UFO sighting. Could aliens be visiting this area researching Earth's history? Akin to us humans digging up artifacts of old, the ETs fly around important areas such as nuclear reactors, airports, area 57 and other top secret bases, missile silos, nuclear bomb test areas, etc.

What do you guys think ET would do in another case of a Earth shattering meteor. Would they stand by and let it happen, or would they step in?

Last edited:
does mexico have more UFO reports than any other place on earth?
What do you guys think ET would do in another case of a Earth shattering meteor.
Well, assuming they were here (which I don't) they'd probably do nothing. If life is as plentiful as thought... we are just a spalsh in the bowl.

"Well, assuming they were here (which I don't) they'd probably do nothing. If life is as plentiful as thought... we are just a spalsh in the bowl." - Persol

Geeze, Persol. You sure don't give ETs any credit as far as ethics go. I mean, if you look at it from the standpoint of intelligence to create technology goes, then wouldn't one have to admit ethics is a universal step that would have to preceed advanced technology?

Or, do you see it as some sort of natural progression, like ants who are only able to create housing, farming and learning. Far off huh.

Or look at the Spartans. A society built for warfare. Dominant, but not going to advance.

Or....,, could it be that something equivelent to the Nazis gaining power, but wouldn't that self-destruct anyway with a total lack of ethics?

Anyone here with some philosophy background? Explain to Persol and me if technology and philosphies go hand in hand please.

then wouldn't one have to admit ethics is a universal step that would have to preceed advanced technology
Well, no.Many of mankinds inventions have been driven by a lack of overall ethics. Curiosity and power are much stronger motivators.

What ethics do you think got us where we currently are with our quickly advancing technology? From where I sit, it looks like warfare and geeks.

Persol said:
Well, no.Many of mankinds inventions have been driven by a lack of overall ethics. Curiosity and power are much stronger motivators.

What ethics do you think got us where we currently are with our quickly advancing technology? From where I sit, it looks like warfare and geeks.

Talking about the last hundred years isn't exactly the history of mankind. Like I said, a foundation based on unethical principles wouldn't survive, at least that is my opinion.

Eh, you do have a point.

Two words: "Self Preservation"
If we knew of a meteor (comet) on a trajectory with our planet, what would WE do to stop it? Afterall I'm not the type to sit round praying to the heavens to intervene, or wait for an alien specie to decide whether or not to keep us around "For the laugh".
If it was up to me, it would be taken out before it even got close, or a least have it's trajectory altered (Although altering the trajectory could just mean pushing it off to occur at a future date).

I did suggest the creation of equipment that could predict such things as comet collisions, however I can't do any research into that alone as I need to obtain the axiom of truth as to whether the equipment is possible in both physics and mathematics. (It doesn't mean it's a pseudoscience idea, just one that I have not the complementary know how to prove/disprove it's use).

I did suggest the creation of equipment that could predict such things as comet collisions
We basically have this already... The detection is just not automated, only the collision part.

Stryderunknown said:
Two words: "Self Preservation"
If we knew of a meteor (comet) on a trajectory with our planet, what would WE do to stop it? Afterall I'm not the type to sit round praying to the heavens to intervene, or wait for an alien specie to decide whether or not to keep us around "For the laugh".
If it was up to me, it would be taken out before it even got close, or a least have it's trajectory altered (Although altering the trajectory could just mean pushing it off to occur at a future date).

I did suggest the creation of equipment that could predict such things as comet collisions, however I can't do any research into that alone as I need to obtain the axiom of truth as to whether the equipment is possible in both physics and mathematics. (It doesn't mean it's a pseudoscience idea, just one that I have not the complementary know how to prove/disprove it's use).

The problem is, Stryder, us humans aren't advanced enough yet to catch certain meteors from hitting. So, right now we are just playing an odds game hoping like hell we don't lose.

The meteor that supposedly took out the dinasoars was only 66 feet long and wouldn't be detected until it hit, assuming another of the same size and density struck again.

66 ft.? The estimates of the meteorite's size I have seen are all around 10 km (6 miles)
The Chicxulub crater's size itself is about 112 miles.

2inquisitive said:
66 ft.? The estimates of the meteorite's size I have seen are all around 10 km (6 miles)
The Chicxulub crater's size itself is about 112 miles.

Yep, you are right. I had it confused with a crater in Arizona when I read an article.

snip
But what about something the size of the asteroid that dug out Meteor Crater in Arizona? That 600-foot-deep (180-meter) hole in the ground, popular now with tourists, is less than 50,000 years old and was created by a space rock so small that another one like it might not be noticed until it hits.

The Arizona culprit was only about 66 feet (20 meters) wide. But instead of fragile stone, it was composed mostly of iron. Examples linked with the online impact-effect program show how to specify this harder, more destructive material. A rock this size (though not of this density) is thought to hit Earth every 158 years, on average. - Space.com

There is a cool cautastrophe calculator there if anyone wants to give it a go:
http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/impacteffects

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mystery_monday_040412.html

Mexico is also the hub of people seeing jesus' face in their bowl of spaghetti.
Just a bit of trivia.

Dr Lou Natic said:
Mexico is also the hub of people seeing jesus' face in their bowl of spaghetti.
Just a bit of trivia.

Funny, but if I lived in Mexico I could say the US is the hub of crazy religious fanatics praying to snakes.

I tried the ethics card, and it looks like the everyone gave up. Damn, am I that good?

Back