Mexicans have a change of heart

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
Mexicans demand the return of the death penalty after kidnappers murder boy

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Mexicans-demand--the-return.4660852.jp

"The latest abduction has triggered fears that gangs have sunk to a new low after they grabbed a five-year-old boy from a Mexico City street market and killed him by injecting acid into his heart."

I think we should just do the same, inject something into their hearts, if they die, well, too bad...

" the recently revived discussion on the death penalty. Calls for reinstating capital punishment — only two years after it was formally abolished — resurfaced in early August after the kidnapped 14-year-old son of a businessman was killed by his captors.

In reaction to the public outcry, Mexican President Felipe Calderon suggested the country restore his old initiative to make capital punishment applicable only to the most heinous crimes.

Mexicans, fed up with the high crime rate and abductions for ransom, are divided on the issue."

http://www.totalcatholic.com/tc/ind...rn-over-mexico-death-penalty-debate&Itemid=35

Oh yeah, Mexico doesn't have life in prison sentence:

"Mexico, which formally abolished its long-dormant death penalty three years ago. Kidnappers currently face as many as 60 years in prison, or 70 years when they kill the victim. Murderers face a maximum of 60 years."

Mexicans demand the return of the death penalty after kidnappers murder boy

Hmm, don't they have to catch them and arrest them first?

As I understand it, the Mexican police are so corrupt that some of them are even thought to have helped in some of the kidnappings. And in drug-related crimes, the cops are practically on the payroll of the drug dealers and distributors.

Mexico is seriously, seriously fucked up! And the return of the death penalty won't do shit to help the problem.

Baron Max

Hmm, don't they have to catch them and arrest them first?

Nah, you can execute criminals on the loose. Had you clicked on the link, you would have known they were caught.

It is true that the DP does't solve the country's problems, but neither does a 60 years sentence. On the other hand dead man kidnaps noone no more.

But hey, I wouldn't execute them. just let's inject acid in their hearts, and see what happens? Who would think a bitter heart kills one? :shrug:

Back