Mexican Valium.

Guyute

Registered Senior Member
Hey guys what do you think about.........

There are many things in this world that I wish did not exist. One of those on the top of my list are Date Rape drugs specifically Royhypnol, or to the common ear, Mexican Valium, Forget me pill, and roofies. This is one of the things that just make me sick when I hear about it being used or of it being around. First I will give you a little background information on the drug so that you can make your own judgment on the drug and so you may be able to protect yourself from ever becoming a victim or this dastardly drug.
Rohypnol, or commonly called Roofies, is a date rape used drug. This was not its original intent though. The original purpose was to act as a central nervous system depressant helping people with severe sleep disorders. Working much like Valium of other drugs in the anti depression category. Interesting enough, the drug can be found widely available in European countries, Mexico, and Columbia yet may not be sold or in possession of in the United States. The drug showed up in the late 70’s scene as a proficient date rape drug much because of its tasteless, and odorless capabilities. This made it perfect for the sex-offending perverts out there. Roofies are usually not questioned because of its similarity to regular drugs. It comes in pill form and is often shipped in like any other prescription drug is. This factor leads to is wide spread availability. Although the drug is abused, the company manufacturing it has made valiant efforts in making the drug so that it is not used for the intent of hurting someone. The newly released form of the drug releases a blue dye when it is place into liquid. This is helpful so that if someone slipped a pill into my drink I can see a physical wrongness when I look and see my water blue. Some skepticism is that it takes too long for the dye o release and that a person with the intent on using it would just buy blue colored drinks to makes it. I say yes, this may be true but at least they are trying to make the drug a little safer. Lets talk about some of the effects now. Rohypnol can be ingested orally, snorted, or injected. It is often combined with alcohol or used as a remedy for the depression that follows a stimulant high. The effects of Rohypnol begin within 15 to 20 minutes of taking it and, depending on the amount ingested, may persist for more than 12 hours. The drugs properties can be detected in the victim’s urine up to 72 hours after ingestion. While under the drug the victim may experience muscle relaxation, decreased blood pressure, sleepiness, amnesia, headaches memory impairment, dizziness, Confusion and tremors. It is this combination on side effects that make it a well-used date rape drug. Rohypnol is popular with youth because of its low cost, which is usually less than $5 per tablet. High school and college students, street gang members, rave and nightclub attendees, drug addicts, and alcohol abusers have used it throughout the United States. Rohypnol is used in combination with alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, and LSD. The predominant user age group is 13- to 30-years-old and users tend to be male.

In conclusion, I don’t even know why we have such drugs around I mean look at all the pain it has caused. Even tough there has been safety precautions, and even harsher punishments it is still widely used. We need to seriously do something about it before it corrodes our society even more than it has. What do you think?

OUr society runs on money. The company doesnt want to get rid of the drug because it probably spent billions developing it. Who knows. Its a sick world, but its a sick world that revolves around the dollar, pound, euro, whatever the case may be. If i were the drug company, i'd add a taste or smell to it.

Its sick but profitable, and people and anything to do with their harm is considered expendable in the search of money, sucks but its true, best thing to do is be aware of the dangers and be careful so it is no longer profitable and may become rare.

Back