messed up dreams

bcurry1027

Registered Member
I'm taking many many supplements these days. Whey protein, amino 1000, B complex, Multi-V, Vitamin C, Creatine, GABA (Gamma AminoButuryic Acid), and 5-HTP ('m not depressed, my mom just reccomended I take 5-HTP because she thinks it's a "miracle drug"). Anyway, as some of you may know GABA, at high doses, can really give you wild, even messed up dreams. I take about 2-4 grams per night, depending on how tired I already feel. Last night I think i took about 3.5grams right before going to bed. I also took a 5-HTP about 3 hours before going to bed, which is also known to alter your dreams. Anyway, big mistake at first, and almost satisfaction in the end. I couldn't fall asleep til 2:00AM, and when i finally fell asleep, it was only about 20 minutes and it ended with a nightmare. It was pretty crazy, I was alone the whole dream, it was dark, rainy, and it ended with lightning and me falling on the ground and i woke up jumping and my heart racing. What was weird was i saw pure white in my eyes for about 2 seconds before waking up. I woke up and felt scared shitless so i watched tv for about a half hour before trying to sleep again. It took almost another hour to fall back asleep (partly because my body wouldn't let me, and partly coz i was scared), at about 3am. All i know is all night i had the most messed up dreams, and when I woke up I could remember about 5-6 of them, which is a record for me. I woke up about 5 times this morning, because i hit the snooze button every 10 minutes. It's unexplainable, but every time i woke up i felt a different feeling, but i can't explain it. It almost felt unreal, good, weird. I felt like a new person today. I have been taking GABA for about 2 weeks and just had different dreams for a while, but last night I took 5-htp for the first time and that's what caused the crazyness. It's almost inner-reflection, because every dream had to do with someone i've been thinking about lately, each one in a seperate dream. One about who i'm secretly in love with, one about who i want to kick his ass, one about my best friend, and so on. I just thought i'd like to share this with anyone even though it's probably a pretty boring read. Anyway, give feedback if you'd like. I'm going to try the same thing tonight and see if i get same or different results.

These drugs probably enhance your dreams. Like i know i have crazy dreams every night we all do. But they are hard to remember even though they are crazy. So maybe the drugs make them more real or bring out your inner thoughts or maybe they do that because THEY ARE DRUGS and last time i checked drugs are known to do these things to people which is why people are so addicted to them.

I dont believe in taking any drugs other than the daily multi-vitamin since i dont have a very good and balanced diet. Other than that i won't even take tynonel when im sick.

bcurry1027 said:
I'm taking many many supplements these days. Whey protein, amino 1000, B complex, Multi-V, Vitamin C, Creatine, GABA (Gamma AminoButuryic Acid), and 5-HTP ('m not depressed, my mom just reccomended I take 5-HTP because she thinks it's a "miracle drug"). Anyway, as some of you may know GABA, at high doses, can really give you wild, even messed up dreams. I take about 2-4 grams per night, depending on how tired I already feel. Last night I think i took about 3.5grams right before going to bed. I also took a 5-HTP about 3 hours before going to bed, which is also known to alter your dreams. Anyway, big mistake at first, and almost satisfaction in the end. I couldn't fall asleep til 2:00AM, and when i finally fell asleep, it was only about 20 minutes and it ended with a nightmare. It was pretty crazy, I was alone the whole dream, it was dark, rainy, and it ended with lightning and me falling on the ground and i woke up jumping and my heart racing. What was weird was i saw pure white in my eyes for about 2 seconds before waking up. I woke up and felt scared shitless so i watched tv for about a half hour before trying to sleep again. It took almost another hour to fall back asleep (partly because my body wouldn't let me, and partly coz i was scared), at about 3am. All i know is all night i had the most messed up dreams, and when I woke up I could remember about 5-6 of them, which is a record for me. I woke up about 5 times this morning, because i hit the snooze button every 10 minutes. It's unexplainable, but every time i woke up i felt a different feeling, but i can't explain it. It almost felt unreal, good, weird. I felt like a new person today. I have been taking GABA for about 2 weeks and just had different dreams for a while, but last night I took 5-htp for the first time and that's what caused the crazyness. It's almost inner-reflection, because every dream had to do with someone i've been thinking about lately, each one in a seperate dream. One about who i'm secretly in love with, one about who i want to kick his ass, one about my best friend, and so on. I just thought i'd like to share this with anyone even though it's probably a pretty boring read. Anyway, give feedback if you'd like. I'm going to try the same thing tonight and see if i get same or different results.

It's definetly the stuff you're taking. I'd say take it easy on them.

I keep having weird dreamings. Recently I've been having dreams almost every night. I dunno why. And while these dreams may not be exactly the same they always seem to have a set theme. In my dreams i am constantly "cracking" under some kind of pressure where i pummel the shit out of someone i know. Does this mean i all of a sudden gonna lose it and go crazy over some jackass i know?

Don't take dreams literally. Just to hazard a guess, I'd say that you have pressures that you're generating from within. They probably aren't even as big as you feel they are. We do have a way of magnifying things for ourselves. Striking at people you know might be a way of your subconcious externalizing the situation and trying to 'solve' it using those nearest to you, i.e., people you know. Figure out what's causign you to crack in your dreams and then take the problem apart. It might not be anything you can't handle.

Just a guess.

Ahh it's just a dream anyways. If i do crack then it might be relieving to vent my anger out on something.

Back