mental health and sexual preditors

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
The various mental health acts have been used in the US to lock up sexual preditors after they come out of jail. Now if these sorts of people are concidered to be.mentally ill and in need of treatment that's fine but then the verdict should be "not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect". You can't be well enough to stand trial and then concidered mentally ill latter. The mental health systems are screwed up enough already (as various people here have testified) without turning them.into pesudo jails for lazy lehislators who can't be bothered adjusting the punishments in the crimes acts.

it probably has more to do with recidivism rates than their "mental health". i know i've heard that with pedophiles in particular, there's about a zero chance of recidivism.

it probably has more to do with recidivism rates than their "mental health". i know i've heard that with pedophiles in particular, there's about a zero chance of recidivism.
Lori dear, just an FYI.

I think you meant to say about 100% chance of recidivism for it, right?

Recidivism refers to the chances of repeating a prior act - just trying to keep the confusion level down... :)

Lori dear, just an FYI.

Recidivism refers to the chances of repeating a prior act - just trying to keep the confusion level down...

She would be correct at 0% chance...in my neighborhood:shh::jason::thumbsup:

Lori dear, just an FYI.

Recidivism refers to the chances of repeating a prior act - just trying to keep the confusion level down... :)

yes that's what i meant. thank you.

Back