Men from boys

kmguru

Staff member
I got this in the email:

Question: How can you tell who is an adult and who is a kid in forums?

Answer: Look for the signature. Adults have 0-2 lines, but kiddies have a lot.

Are we following that observation too?

Haha. Incidentally, I originally just had 'Great are not those who hold the answers.....' as my sig. Then we had that contest to see who has the best signature and someoen said mine was cool but it wasn't changed often enough and was short. So, I pleased to general public and made it longer.

Originally my Nelson quotes had 3 fewer. But he keeps making dumb comments so I keep adding them.

Actually I had three lines from Jimi Hendrix as a sig from August last year till a few weeks ago. :)

Then I got another, one line, sig, written by my son who just turned 15 in March.

Women are supposed to change their minds, you know...:p

I don't put anything in my signature because while many people do put interesting quotes and such in their sig's, to me it just clutters up the threads. Even if you only have 1 or 2 lines of it, because when you're browsing the thread you end up seeing the same thing over and over and over again. If i want to share a quote with people, i just post it in a thread. Signatures kinda remind me of commercials on TV -- advertisements that you have to wade through in order to get at what you're really wanting to see. And i don't like commercials.

At the same time i don't think that posting a lot in one's sig is necessarily always a sign of being a youngster. There might be some truth there in general but there are always exceptions.

Thanks for sharing that food for thought though, kmguru.

thought though thought though thought though :p

Back