Member feedback for Biology & Genetics

S.A.M.

uniquely dreadful
Valued Senior Member
In the spirit of change that has infected the forums in the last few days, I'd like to get member feed back for the sub-forums Biology and Genetics

1. What are you expectations for this forum? What topics should it address?
2. What kind of moderation do you expect here?
3. What would you like to see more of?
4. What would you like to see less of?

I have asked open ended questions, but please be specific in your responses.

Thanks

I forgot this forum even existed. Congratulations, Sam - your post just broke a two-hundred thirty-four day post-less streak in the Biology and Genetics subforum. How does it feel?

What would I like to see less of? I'd like to see less tumbleweed.

Kadark

I think you do well in your moderation of this subforum, and, in general, am pleased with the quality of the threads here-in. The armchair evolutionists annoy me a bit, but it's the internet.

I would like to see Hercules Rockefeller stay here.

Well its nice to be appreciated while you're still here. Who cares what people say once you're gone? :p

Whoever fills your shoes should look forward to questions about chimera, mutation, and the proper way to fling poo of unknown origin. I hope they are prepared. :D

I think this forum is doing perfectly fine! All the topics are interesting, and once in a while a member comes in and says something irrelevant to the topic, but it keeps me from getting bored of reading.

This place is excellent! :)

Thanks Naturelles. :thumbsup:

Keeping a balance between on-topic posts and off-topic chat isn’t always easy. I take the view that this is one of the science sub-forums and should be primarily devoted to scientific discussions. If people want to chat then there are other sub-forums in SF that are more appropriate. Sometimes I remove off-topic posts from threads in order to maintain the focus of the discussion, but I certainly don’t remove all chat as a matter of course. A bit of chat can make a dry science thread a bit more accessible. Each situation is taken on its own merits.

Back